• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davidindallas

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2014
    Awhile back One of the FOX news shows interviewed a prominent Texas republican politician (cant remember his name) about the change of Texas to liberal trough all the incoming transplants.
    He said not to worry as over 60% were conservative.
    IMO also many liberals that get here "See the light"; the error of their ways and flip to conservative.
    I think I was born conservative just didn't know it.

Last edited:

davidindallas

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2014
    Back in the early 1980s I worked at the Monkey Ward auto center in Dallas. I saw so many blue tags that I thought Texas had issued new colored tags.
    The 'blue-taggers' were people from Michigan that were here for jobs.

They brought their rusty pieces of $h!t that all needed mufflers to pass inspection.

NOBODY wanted to work under those cars. I thought I should get a tetanus shot.

I came here from Wisconsin in a beat up rusted GMC pickup with my Yamaha FJ100 strapped down in the bed and a couple of suitcases.
    My first career job was an aircraft mechanic for Braniff.
    Left Wisconsin because of lack of opportunity.
    Back then I took a lot of shit from "Natives". Come to think of it many (most ?) licensed A+P mechanics were from another state.
    Now no-one really cares except for rednecks.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I worked with a few Braniff A&Ps that were out of work when they closed down. Some could actually work on cars and other things. (some could NOT)

I have my A&P but nobody wanted to pay me what I was making working on Jaguars and Rolls Royces so I just kept at the motorcar thing.

I even have A&P customers that worked at AA service center at Alliance Airport.
    Why some A&Ps can't fix cars is kinda sad.

A good mechanic is a good mechanic and should be able to fix almost ANYTHING.
    I fix toaster ovens and lawn mowers if they break.
    As long as there is a service manual, a mechanic should be good at a repair.

mnpshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Centex
    As a former Californian I believe it’s my duty to tell people that moved to Texas from liberal states to change their voting habits. I point to all the failures in D run states and how the Ds are the most racist party in history.

ktaylor966

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2020
    DFW
    Planning on moving down there ASAP, and applied for a position TODAY that would allow for it. I have noticed in Internet-talk and Youtube videos that even lefties are flocking there too, escaping exactly what history shows they create and always do, when they go screw up ANOTHER state.

(Don't worry about my and my family, I will never vote for the Communist party [D] for the rest of my life, and don't think I ever have, even before I noticed how bad they are. We are some of the biggest firearm enthusiasts, hell, I even reload everything I can.)

As usual, they will vote for the same party, with no second thought, which will eventually have enough votes (fraud or not) to let politicians do whatever they want, and possibly "rule over their subjects" (exempting themselves, usually), creating laws that make no since, just like NJ, NY, Crook County IL, WA, and CA too.

What can really be done?
    Talking to lefties doesn't help, they want to rule your life, every aspect...

my home in North Richland Hills (suburb of Ft. Worth) will be listed later this month and due to the price point & size of the home (3200 sq. ft. With a pool, priced in the $500k range) it will be a bargain for a Californian, which is unfortunate.
    Many realtors will probably come in with an iPad and do a virtual tour with their CA clients using FaceTime and put in a sight-unseen bid. This is how it happens here in TX. That’s one reason houses here last on the market for an ave. of only six days.
    I am apologizing in advance to my TX Breathren if this happens this way.
    we are relocating to Arkansas as it’s more Conservative politically than Texas (TX is turning Blue) and Sarah Huckabee Sanders will be the next Governor of AR, whereas the asshole Beto O’Rourke has a strong chance (Heaven forbid!( of becoming the next TX Governor. These are things that everyone here should take seriously because this prick could really harm TX residents’ Gun rights.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I came here from Wisconsin in a beat up rusted GMC pickup with my Yamaha FJ100 strapped down in the bed and a couple of suitcases.
    Me too, but in my case it was a brand new 1998 Pontiac Firebird Formula pulling an overloaded 5x8 U-Haul trailer. Them's some true break-in miles, folks. What part of WI? I grew up in the SE corner.

Never talked politics with friends growing up, but I guess it's not too surprising over the years I found they were mostly Conservatives too.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    my home in North Richland Hills (suburb of Ft. Worth) will be listed later this month and ... it will be a bargain for a Californian, which is unfortunate.
    It is fully within your rights to stipulate that the buyers not be from CA. Or other conditions. Your house, your rules.
    Our neighbors across the street (great elderly couple) are moving and we are very afraid that some azzhat Commiefornian will buy it and ruin the neighborhood.

Reactions: gll

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    You can run into problems with the FAIR HOUSING ACT 1965.

Discrimination can be a sticky mess. Substitute azzhat Commiefornian with (derogatory name for people different than you) and you can see what civil suit can be brought against you.

I think people should be able to discriminate. Like you said, it is your property but.......

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    You can run into problems with the FAIR HOUSING ACT 1965.

Discrimination can be a sticky mess. Substitute azzhat Commiefornian with (derogatory name for people different than you) and you can see what civil suit can be brought against you.

I think people should be able to discriminate. Like you said, it is your property but.......

Discrimination exists, has existed and will exist forever. All the Discrimination Acts and Laws did was make people act in more clever ways to hide the fact that they were discriminating against certain people or groups of people.

And the sad fact is, it's very difficult to prove discrimination even when you know it happened, because it's many times hard to prove it really happened.

Niemand Besonderes

Nobody Special
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2020
    Williamson County
    What you conservative immigrants/refugees from the Dependent States of America need to understand is that what makes Texas special and so incredibly wonderful is not just what you perceive to be a conservative atmosphere and right-leaning politics.
    We’re our own thing. We have our own unique culture and history and heritage that no one in the Western Hemisphere can rival.
    Texas is still conservative, in spite of the Left’s best efforts, because our distinct Texan culture naturally lines up with what are considered to be modern-day conservative values.
    Even you foreign conservatives who are flooding here and not fully embracing Texan history and culture are changing the very State that appealed to you as a refuge of freedom and liberty.
    There should be a Texas history exam in order to get or renew a Texas driver’s license.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    What you conservative immigrants/refugees from the Dependent States of America need to understand is that what makes Texas special and so incredibly wonderful is not just what you perceive to be a conservative atmosphere and right-leaning politics.
    We’re our own thing. We have our own unique culture and history and heritage that no one in the Western Hemisphere can rival.
    Texas is still conservative, in spite of the Left’s best efforts, because our distinct Texan culture naturally lines up with what are considered to be modern-day conservative values.
    Even you foreign conservatives who are flooding here and not fully embracing Texan history and culture are changing the very State that appealed to you as a refuge of freedom and liberty.
    There should be a Texas history exam in order to get or renew a Texas driver’s license.
    This is so true... when I was a kid in the 60's, most Texans had ancestry here, going back generations, with the exceptions usually being military.

Even Texas dialects were unique, Houston didn't sound quite like Dallas and Dallas didn't sound quite like Lubbock... People used to not move around so much, and states, not only Texas, were nations with proud nationalities that went way deeper than football.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    This is so true... when I was a kid in the 60's, most Texans had ancestry here, going back generations, with the exceptions usually being military.

Even Texas dialects were unique, Houston didn't sound quite like Dallas and Dallas didn't sound quite like Lubbock... People used to not move around so much, and states, not only Texas, were nations with proud nationalities that went way deeper than football.

And an East Texas dialect is pure redneck!

Reactions: gll

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Not an R, but an L (Libertarian, which values individual liberty above everything else), which are generally more pro-ANY firearm than almost any R's. :m16: :p About all of us (L's) are SUPER anti-lefty too, maybe more than R's. :D

In the last 9 years, I learned to reload 9m, 5.56(/.223), .38 SPL, AND .357 Mag, to stay away from the background check TAXes (I MEAN safety-fees... only $1/transaction, but still), although I DID buy some overpriced ammo this last few months, as I felt I might need more "factory" HD/SD ammo, in case of lefty-violence (not protests, but riots).

I try to vote with logic and reason (Spock taught me...), rather than emotions(D). :p

NFA Class 3 sounds like Liberty to me, even if ammo will go QUICK.
    You're welcome here.
    DON’T BE SO SURE OF THAT.
    The few of us around here usually get bashed pretty hard.
    No matter how shitty the republican is a vote for a libertarian is a vote for a democrat.
    See what I mean?

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    I can't vote for a Libertarian, as they have no chance of winning, Democrats get elected this way, and try to stomp on free people, and tax the middle class the most, to "correct for history". Dems create laws where people generally never get changed back to logical outcomes.

The only time I ever voted for a non-Republican Pres. was Perot, and all I got out of THAT was Clinton's AWB, which luckily had a sunset clause. I admit that I was young, and dumb, but then saw the ramifications of voting for a 3rd party that has no chance of winning in "first past the post" elections, which was the AWB.
    Stop calling yourself a Libertarian.

Last edited:

Dr P

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Dallas
    Democrats are running a plantation.
    I highly recommend Candace Owens book: Blackout: How Black America Can Make Its Second Escape From The Democrat Plantation.

Top Bottom