• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • homerc713

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    houston
    Hello, i have been living in Texas now for 4 years with an alien work permit. I have the work permit, ssn card, and tx drivers license. Would i be able to go into an ffl and pass the background check to purchase a gun?

Thank You and God Bless
    Hurley's Gold

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    ATF Online - Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions - Unlicensed Persons

Q: May aliens legally in the United States buy firearms?

An alien legally in the U.S. may acquire firearms if he has a State of residence. An alien has a State of residence only if he is residing in that State and has resided in a State continuously for at least 90 days prior to the purchase.

An alien acquiring firearms from a licensee is required to prove both his identity, by presenting a government-issued photo identification, and his residency with substantiating documentation showing that he has resided in the State continuously for the 90-day period prior to the purchase.

Examples of qualifying documentation to prove residency include: utility bills, lease agreements, credit card statements, and pay stubs from the purchaser’s place of employment, if such documents include residential addresses.
    See also Item 5, “Sales to Aliens in the United States,” in the General Information section of this publication.[18 U.S.C. 921, 922(b)(3), (d) and (g), 27 CFR 478.11 and 478.99(a)]

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Good lord Matefrio you are quick!

OP, there's your answer.
    hongkon2.jpg

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    No minimum timeframe requirement at all?
    If not, do you know why it was dropped?

https://www.federalregister.gov/art...ments-for-aliens-acquiring-firearms-2011r-23p

The Department of Justice is amending the regulations of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) by removing the 90-day State residency requirement for aliens lawfully present in the United States to purchase or acquire a firearm. The Department has determined that the Gun Control Act does not permit ATF to impose a regulatory requirement that aliens lawfully present in the United States are subject to a 90-day State residency requirement when such a requirement is not applicable to U.S. citizens. In addition, upon the effective date of this interim final rule the provisions of ATF Ruling 2004-1 will become obsolete.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Thank you sir, however I don't necessarily agree with that ruling. Since there is a difference between a legal citizen and legal alien, they don't have to be treated equal.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Thank you sir, however I don't necessarily agree with that ruling. Since there is a difference between a legal citizen and legal alien, they don't have to be treated equal.

They shut down F&F so they needed another way to help get guns smuggled across the border so they can prove guns are getting smuggled across the border so they can use it to put restriction on gun ownership by law abiding American citizens who had nothing to do with guns getting smuggled across the border.

Least that's my take on it.

Anybody interested in a tin foil group buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    One more step in giving every soul inside these borders the exact same rights and privileges, legal or otherwise. Dems are trying to make it so nothing is special about being a US citizen, everyone just a citizen of the world.......................
    10_2_10.gif

Anybody interested in a tin foil group buy.

Yeah I am, but only if you can find actual tin foil and not the cheap aluminum crap they sell these days.

Top Bottom