• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I have been saving brass off and on over the years with plans to get into reloading. I have recently started again and the other day figured I had enough to make it worth an investment. I've looked into reloaders and can't afford the TIME for it right now (new baby girl + 3 other daughters = busy daddy...).

I've talked to a guy in Nebraska about him reloading for me. He is an ammo mfg so I could trust him, but the only rounds of his I shot were dirty and lead.

I've looked into buying primers, powder, and bullets and paying someone to load them for me. Seems like I've run across a lot of people lately who have had issues overcharging loads and/or having cases split.

All of my cases are once fired. If I provided someone with stuff and played them, could I trust it??

Anyone have any recommendation?
    Guns International

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I should also note I've been looking at the Lee loader as well and just working on them my self in my SPARE time

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    OK, that was a joke.... I don't have any spare time but may be able to do a box or two every weekend while everyone's asleep

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Over charge and case splits????

Thats 90% boogyman, 5% bs, 2% right. The rest is reloading war storys.

You can't find anybody in here, there, that'll help you set up? Reload for you in Texas?

"Sent from a jail"

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    On another forum I frequent some claim you need a license to manufacture ammo. I have no idea if that is true. But if you accepting money to reload for someone make sure you look into it.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I haven't asked anybody yet. Just this past weekend I finally started looking at prices of bullets and primers. I was at academy and was looking at cheap tula primers at 2.99 and CCI at 3.99. I looked at some 500x hornaday jhp bullets around 65$. I figure if I'm going to reload 500 9mm rounds I might as well buy some good bullets. They don't sell powder there though.

My biggest concern aside from something sploding and hurting me is dirty rounds. I've shot remanufactured rounds and reloaded rounds many times and always noticed they're dirty.

I assume its because of the powder. Is there a clean-ER brand of powder I should look for??

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    On another forum I frequent some claim you need a license to manufacture ammo. I have no idea if that is true. But if you accepting money to reload for someone make sure you look into it.

Lmao....you gotta be lying!!! License to reload?

Come on now.....Really?????

"Sent from a jail"

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    Correct that is my understanding. If you are taking money from someone to reload for them you need to be licensed.

The post above mine was removed so the reference was lost.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    If Im reloading 500 rounds of whatever. In my garage. My friend wants to throw in 500cases. Buy beer for the powder and primers......

Im not talking about manufacture. Im speaking of friend networks, in Texas.

Reloading is a skill, you need to learn. Give a fish, teach to fish type thing. Reloading is EASY. Changing the oil in a car is about as complex.

Or

Buy blazer ammo or Russian steel case jobs. Cuz, By the time you ship cases, reload, sends them back.....

"Sent from a jail"

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Right. I've done shotshells before... Doesn't get much easier... I just don't have the time to dedicate to it with all my girls. Early Sunday and Saturday mornings wlwould be about the only chance I'd get. I have thought of the Lee loader for this as I hear say that you can do a good 100rounds in 2 hours

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If you are talking about the lee pro 1000 you should be able to at least double that.

Once set up, should only take 15 minutes or so to runs the case feeders dry. That's ~90 rounds of 9mm IIRC.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I need a friend like you grasshopper :-/

Ive been in Texas for 4.5 years now and haven't made many friends. When I started here on tgt a lot of people were jerks about a lot of things so I never made any gun friends here

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I need a friend like you grasshopper :-/

Ive been in Texas for 4.5 years now and haven't made many friends. When I started here on tgt a lot of people were jerks about a lot of things so I never made any gun friends here

Their still here. Really big jerks. But they sure can reload.

"Sent from a jail"

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Ha?

I was talking about the Lee loader kit young gun. Its like 30-40$ and ha everything for one caliber at a time. You use a hammer to get it all done

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Was busy and skimmed the first few posts.

I'll read it better then come back and give my generally worthless opinion.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    My first press was a Lee load master. In fact theres lots of discussion on here about the Lee 1000' press.

The lee kits off amazon are cheap (in the reloading world)

"Sent from a jail"

Top Bottom