Military Camp

Can I use a Glock barrel in a different gun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXAZ

:)
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    South of the Red, North of the Gulf
    Glock barrels can be cheap, Sig often are not. These 9mm barrels from Sig and Glock look REEEL similar.
    has anyone tried a “Brand X” barrel in a “Brand Y” semi handgun?

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    45F234B5-FF6A-4A1E-8C6C-EBF4EF8B0F54.jpeg

jcriswell

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now that the "fanboys" have had their fun at your expense; what you are asking is not all that different from making your own rifle which involves mating uppers and lowers. BUT: Your glock "upper" will not mate with a different manufacturer's lower without significant gunsmith-like work. And even then you will have a "franken-glock" not unlike the .22 cal barrel/slide/mag of the Advantage Arms conversion for glock.
    I got one of those, and it is a "jam-0-matic" which demands only one brand of .22 long rifle ammunition... Care to guess which ammo manufacturer is not even shipping right now? yeah..
    Make the effort to get the schematics of the Glock internal geometry and the internals of the pistol you want to put the Glock barrel into. Obviously they will be different, otherwise Glock would not have been able to register a patent on his pistols. You could "perhaps" transplant the entire Glock internals into a bare Sig frame.. (I will not comment on why you might choose to do do that.
    If you are not pleased with the Sig barrel... sell the gun and buy a Glock.. At today's prices you can probably get 2 Glocks for what you get for your Sig..

Top Bottom