DK Firearms

Can someone give me some feedback on a CrimsonTrace laser grip?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I've got a G30 with tritium night sights on it but I've been considering adding a CrimsonTrace laser grip to it as well in case I were to find myself in a situation where I had to draw and fire without a moment to aim. Do you guys think it's worth adding to my G30 or should I just stick with my gun as is?

BT1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    USA
    My wife has a little S&W airweight with CTL's installed that she keeps in my sock drawer which is on her side of the bed. They dot is extremely bright and I believe would easily serve the purpose for her in the event I'm not around and she's waken at o'dark thirty by some two or four legged prowler. I also have some installed on a plain Jane Colt 1911 simply because I was too lazy to ship the slide off to have Novaks installed. A lot of folks say to turn the batteries off when you know you won't be using them which I don't quite understand. Mine stay on all the time and have only replaced the batteries once in about 3 years.

My opinion they're a great solution for a middle of the night, half asleep encounter with the bad guy. Just point and click.

gerritm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    seabrook, tx
    My brother just bought a Bersa Thunder .380 with factory CT grips. He can't hit the broad side of a barn. Bad eyesight, but the CT levels the playing field. He can shoot it from any position, don't have to worry as long as the dot is on target it hits it.

SWJewellTN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    LaVergne,TN
    I have CT on my M&P 9mm compact, and I do not like them. I thought that it would be best since I wear bifocals, but I find that I'm less accurate. I believe the reason is that you focus on the target rather than on the gun you are trying to hold still: therefore, the gun moves more. It is good to confirm your sight picture, but nothing really more. The thing also moves its point of impact within a few shots.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    The thing also moves its point of impact within a few shots.

Look in the box for another cross pin. I know on the Glock models they include two different cross pins, both will fit the gun, but one will cause the point of impact to shift on you between shots. I ran into this problem with a guys Glock 22 that I installed the grips on. Once I put in the other pin, it was noticeably more taught in the frame and it did not walk when we zeroed it.

We put a set of grips on our rental Kimber Custom II and figured we would see if they'd hold up. Well, about 50,000 - 75,000 rounds later I took it out and put a few rounds through it, the laser was only 0.5" off to the right. That really made me more respectful of their product, although I'm not a huge laser fan.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I don't currently have any on my guns, but they are a good option. Just remember, the more things you need to depend on to "work" the more chance one thing will fail. CT come in handy when in awkward positions.

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've got a G30 with tritium night sights on it but I've been considering adding a CrimsonTrace laser grip to it as well in case I were to find myself in a situation where I had to draw and fire without a moment to aim. Do you guys think it's worth adding to my G30 or should I just stick with my gun as is?
    I think CT lasergrips are a good addition. You need to be careful and not be distracted/slowed down by "chasing the dot".

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    I don't own any, but I have shot them. Make sure you know where the button is and it's in a comfortable position for you to activate and still shoot properly. One of the ones I shot had the switch high on the backstrap, and I had to alter my grip to turn it on. The funky grip made me shoot like crap.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    If you have a holster that's made to fit a specific pistol - say, for example, a Comp-Tac Minotaur - will it still work with a CT grip? Looking at my holster, it seems like it would work okay. That would be a big plus in favor of the CT grips if you want a laser sight.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    AmyG
    Top Bottom