Can someone help me understand this HOA?

68whiskey

Jan 4, 2021
Texussss
It says they can enter into any improvement on the lot. You're giving them permission to enter your house, forcefully if necessary, and any damage done during entry is on you.
HARD PASS on this one. I don't care what the market is, do not bid on this house.
Thank You , that is what I was trying to figure out. It seems as you see it the same way I do

How about driving in from outside the city?
Currently renting in Georgetown but working at Dell Childrens Hospital. Would like something a bit closer as 3-4 days a week and 12 hours shifts wear you down and the drive just sucks

Axxe55

Just me and the dog.
Dec 15, 2019
Somewhere....In Texas!
Thank You , that is what I was trying to figure out. It seems as you see it the same way I do

Currently renting in Georgetown but working at Dell Childrens Hospital. Would like something a bit closer as 3-4 days a week and 12 hours shifts wear you down and the drive just sucks

For many years I worked out of town for many months at a time. Instead of driving all the time, I would rent a place and have a couple of roommates to share the rent and expenses. Going home on my days off.

I have no idea of your financial situation and it's none of my business and I'm not going to ask, but that might be an option to getting a place further out of town, that's not in an HOA, and could be bought within the budget you are looking at for your home.

MTA89

CEO of Less White Inc.
TGT Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Texoma
Id rather live under an overpass than sign anything with an HOA. Its been stated here but you are agreeing to whatever you sign for. They can do whatever the hell they want if you agree to it

Id exhaust all other possibilities before going down that road

Maverick44

Certified All-American Gun Nut
First time home buyer who is out there submitting offers. One of the houses I really liked had some interesting verbiage in their CCRs. Im not the best at legal words but I see they are allowing themselves to enter the property.

What I cant distinguish is if they are referring to the exterior of the house as "Lot" or the property in general as "Lot" . I dont want these California wanna be commie bastids in my house for "improvement/enforcement purposes. Them walking on the outside doesnt bother me as much. The house in question is located in Round Rock if that helps .

Bear with me and my lack of photo resizing skills. Thank You.

https://www.settlersparkhoa.com/governing-documents < Website
Declaration- Settlers Outlook > Section 4.03 : Right of Entry & Enforcement

In the above link is where the CCRs are located.
Do yourself a massive favor, and do not buy into an HOA. If you want reasons why, go to YouTube. There's thousands of horror stories over the stupidest stuff you can imagine.

satx78247

TGT Addict
Jun 23, 2014
I am asking for interpretations/opinions. Ive always rented and not 100% familiar with single family home HOAs. Is my understanding correct to assume they can just walk in with 24 hours notice?
68 whiskey,

DO yourself a favor & DO NOT get involved with ANY HOA property. = They are BUSYBODIES.
The one that runs my dear Sister of the Hearts house complained about her owning a "bright colored" sports car.

RUN rather than walk the other way.

Just my OPINION, satx

Primary

TexasGunTalk Assistant
Here are some related products that TexasGunTalk members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TexasGunTalk’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TexasGunTalk discussions about these products.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads