Hurley's Gold

Can someone help me understand this HOA?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 68whiskey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2021
    Texussss
    First time home buyer who is out there submitting offers. One of the houses I really liked had some interesting verbiage in their CCRs. Im not the best at legal words but I see they are allowing themselves to enter the property.

What I cant distinguish is if they are referring to the exterior of the house as "Lot" or the property in general as "Lot" . I dont want these California wanna be commie bastids in my house for "improvement/enforcement purposes. Them walking on the outside doesnt bother me as much. The house in question is located in Round Rock if that helps .

Bear with me and my lack of photo resizing skills. Thank You.

Screen-Shot-2021-03-03-at-3-37-03-PM.png

https://www.settlersparkhoa.com/governing-documents < Website
    Declaration- Settlers Outlook > Section 4.03 : Right of Entry & Enforcement

In the above link is where the CCRs are located.
    Lynx Defense

68whiskey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2021
    Texussss
    NEVER buy in an HOA

all the advice you need
    Let me repeat that for you.

Never buy a house in an HOA.

I wish I had that option but with the market the way it is most non HOA homes are going for 30-50k over asking and I dont have that kind of money. All the libtards from blue states have F'ed over the housing market here

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I wish I had that option but with the market the way it is most non HOA homes are going for 30-50k over asking and I dont have that kind of money. All the libtards from blue states have F'ed over the housing market here

I have no idea what to suggest you do, other than get an attorney to look over the paperwork and advise you on a course of action.

Or find a better realtor.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    It says they can enter into any improvement on the lot. You're giving them permission to enter your house, forcefully if necessary, and any damage done during entry is on you.

HARD PASS on this one. I don't care what the market is, do not bid on this house.

68whiskey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2021
    Texussss
    I have no idea what to suggest you do, other than get an attorney to look over the paperwork and advise you on a course of action.

Or find a better realtor.

I am asking for interpretations/opinions. Ive always rented and not 100% familiar with single family home HOAs. Is my understanding correct to assume they can just walk in with 24 hours notice?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I am asking for interpretations/opinions. Ive always rented and not 100% familiar with single family home HOAs. Is my understanding correct to assume they can just walk in with 24 hours notice?

If you sign an agreement, with the HOA, and it's in the agreement, you have agreed to THEIR terms, so yes, pretty much yes they can.

68whiskey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2021
    Texussss
    It says they can enter into any improvement on the lot. You're giving them permission to enter your house, forcefully if necessary, and any damage done during entry is on you.
    HARD PASS on this one. I don't care what the market is, do not bid on this house.

Thank You , that is what I was trying to figure out. It seems as you see it the same way I do

How about driving in from outside the city?

Currently renting in Georgetown but working at Dell Childrens Hospital. Would like something a bit closer as 3-4 days a week and 12 hours shifts wear you down and the drive just sucks

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Thank You , that is what I was trying to figure out. It seems as you see it the same way I do

Currently renting in Georgetown but working at Dell Childrens Hospital. Would like something a bit closer as 3-4 days a week and 12 hours shifts wear you down and the drive just sucks

For many years I worked out of town for many months at a time. Instead of driving all the time, I would rent a place and have a couple of roommates to share the rent and expenses. Going home on my days off.

I have no idea of your financial situation and it's none of my business and I'm not going to ask, but that might be an option to getting a place further out of town, that's not in an HOA, and could be bought within the budget you are looking at for your home.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    First time home buyer who is out there submitting offers. One of the houses I really liked had some interesting verbiage in their CCRs. Im not the best at legal words but I see they are allowing themselves to enter the property.

What I cant distinguish is if they are referring to the exterior of the house as "Lot" or the property in general as "Lot" . I dont want these California wanna be commie bastids in my house for "improvement/enforcement purposes. Them walking on the outside doesnt bother me as much. The house in question is located in Round Rock if that helps .

Bear with me and my lack of photo resizing skills. Thank You.

Screen-Shot-2021-03-03-at-3-37-03-PM.png

https://www.settlersparkhoa.com/governing-documents < Website
    Declaration- Settlers Outlook > Section 4.03 : Right of Entry & Enforcement

In the above link is where the CCRs are located.

Do yourself a massive favor, and do not buy into an HOA. If you want reasons why, go to YouTube. There's thousands of horror stories over the stupidest stuff you can imagine.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

68 whiskey,

DO yourself a favor & DO NOT get involved with ANY HOA property. = They are BUSYBODIES.
    The one that runs my dear Sister of the Hearts house complained about her owning a "bright colored" sports car.

RUN rather than walk the other way.

Just my OPINION, satx

Top Bottom