Gun Zone Deals

Can the government MAKE you wear any specific item of clothing?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    A lot of us don't see governors, judges, and mayors having legal authority to mandate us to wear a mask, as they don't have any statute to back that bullshit up. But lets take it a step further - does the government have the authority / power to compel you to wear any type or individual piece of clothing? Would it pass Constitutional muster if the Texas legislature, for example, made it a law for EVERYONE to wear a red arm band on their left arm, or their right arm if they do not have a left arm? How about the Houston city council - lets say they made it a law that you MUST wear a black outer shirt whenever you are in a public space. Or maybe Congress passes a law that says that you MUST wear a United States flag patch on your shoulder? Where is the line for the government to dictate what you can and cannot do, and what you must or must not do?
    Hurley's Gold

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Please don't wear masks, as it makes the 2A people wet their panties thinking that translates to the government coming for their guns next.
    By that logic, are you a 2A person?

OBTW, it's not about the mask. It's about due process in the end. Can .Gov arbitrarily make a rule that governs individual behavior without due process?

In some instances yet, but four months later, to make an arbitrary rules is a bit capricious.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    The local and state governments have been allowed by voters to reach the point where they think that they are accountable to no one. Just google how many local officials have been arrested and prosecuted by the Justice Department in the past 10 years; this would represent about 5% of the problem.

These same people feel that they can impose ordinances on the public without cause or review and, if sued, they will just write a check from the taxpayers money.

In the past 20 years I have voted for exactly one incumbent city council member, County Commisioner, Mayor or Judge. Public officers were meant to be short term, part time elected officials, not politicians.

These are the people who will make you wear what they think is appropriate.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    If we remember our history, Hitler forced all Jews to wear a Star of David, to let everyone know they were Jewish on their clothing. Remember, he followed up with tattooing numbers on their arms. He also followed up gassing and burning about six million of the Jewish population in Europe.

Now that may seem a bit extreme and over-reaching, in trying to "enforce" and order to wear a mask in public, but it all starts somewhere.

Phuck this mask enforcement!

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    The government can do anything it wants and the future is grim for freedom.

This.

Legally they shouldn't order items of clothing. In reality, they can do anything & your only recourse ultimately is to die trying to stop it.

I shouldn't have to pay taxes so a large percentage of our country can collect disability. But I'm not ready to die so I comply.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Screenshot_20200705-080047_Facebook.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200705-080047_Facebook.jpg
      Screenshot_20200705-080047_Facebook.jpg
      194.4 KB · Views: 319

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    If we remember our history, Hitler forced all Jews to wear a Star of David, to let everyone know they were Jewish on their clothing. Remember, he followed up with tattooing numbers on their arms. He also followed up gassing and burning about six million of the Jewish population in Europe.

Now that may seem a bit extreme and over-reaching, in trying to "enforce" and order to wear a mask in public, but it all starts somewhere.

Phuck this mask enforcement!

a19d8a11-b683-4ae7-83c9-645036caafbb_text.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Yesterday afternoon, decided to run to the Lowes store in Palestine to buy a new American flag. So we head to Lowes, and they had a guy, at the entrance, I guess he was the "mask checker" or whatever. Told me I needed to wear a mask to enter. I told him to pound sand and left.

Stopped by a road side vendor that was selling flags, blankets, t-shirts and caps. Bought two new flags, one American flag, and a Confederate flag. They were larger, and cheaper than the flag Lowes was selling. I paid $16 for two, and Lowes wanted $23.98 for a smaller flag.

Again, Phuck this mask nonsense!

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Well.... you’re wearing clothes in public ain’t ya??

Funny enough - here in Oregon the law actually allows one to be completely naked in public. The only time its criminalized is if you are doing it for the sexual gratification of yourself or another. If you're just out in the world doing your thing in your birthday suit, its not illegal.

I wear clothes because 80% of the time its too cold to be nekkid here, and the other 20% I don't to cause stress on my wife from having to fend off all the other women, or to cause all all the straight men to cry from my obvious superior body, and all the gay men trying to hunt a bear :laughing:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Funny enough - here in Oregon the law actually allows one to be completely naked in public. The only time its criminalized is if you are doing it for the sexual gratification of yourself or another. If you're just out in the world doing your thing in your birthday suit, its not illegal.

I wear clothes because 80% of the time its too cold to be nekkid here, and the other 20% I don't to cause stress on my wife from having to fend off all the other women, or to cause all all the straight men to cry from my obvious superior body, and all the gay men trying to hunt a bear :laughing:

Dayem! I just about fell out of my chair from laughing so hard! That might even be the post of the day!

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Upon seeing the thread title, I immediately visualized:

School girl dress.jpg

then I thought of this:
    Vietnam era uniform.jpg

so, I'm gonna say yes to the OP query

Attachments