Lynx Defense

Can we do a greater Houston area Gun shop thread?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Pasadena gun center is under new management. Same name, same facility, same contact info. Previous owner is basically retiring and the guy that ran it for him bought the whole thing. Seems like it's good all around.
    DK Firearms

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Yeah, that is it. Remember it is perfect for Pasadena. I've been going there for more than a few decades. However, I do know that it is not for everyone. Have not even taken herself there. It is grungy, dirty, loud, but they are nice folks.

I liked the place but the ventilation really needed help. Spend more than 30 minutes in there and you will have miner's lung. Maybe they've renovated the place since the last time I visited, it was a looooong time ago.

I thought the owner's son-in-law who got out of the Army was running it for a while? Or did a new owner buy the place?

Last edited:

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    I stopped in Home - Spectre Firearms yesterday and was greeted by hardy Hello from across the room. Roughly 3K sq. ft. showroom, nothing spectacular but nice people, give 'em look if you're in the area.
    Thanks for the heads up. I will check them out next time I am up that way.

Also going to hit thelibertyarmory.com/ next week to see what they have to offer.

Sent from a B-52 flying over Russia

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Yes I did and I would call them competitive, but nothing spectacular. The real point of my post is they were not on the list in the OP and they were pleasant. YMMV

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Yes I did and I would call them competitive, but nothing spectacular. The real point of my post is they were not on the list in the OP and they were pleasant. YMMV
    They're also the only place on the north side where I've seen Blaser rifles in stock on a regular basis.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Went gun shop trolling over the weekend (haven't been to hardly any since I moved here).

I really liked Tac-47. They concentrate on AK-related product but will order whatever you like. Friendly guys, they understand the customer service part of owning a business (something a lot of gun shops don't seem to understand). They also do just about any custom AK work you can dream up and will build weapons out of parts kits. The owner is also a collector and will have some relatively oddball things on the walls (old Winchesters, an old Model 8, etc). I'm probably making them my go-to shop.

I also like Triple J firearms. Little place, owned by a father and son(s?). Small but varied selection. Willing to order just about anything. The son I talked to was a friendly guy.

Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    Went gun shop trolling over the weekend (haven't been to hardly any since I moved here).

I really liked Tac-47. They concentrate on AK-related product but will order whatever you like. Friendly guys, they understand the customer service part of owning a business (something a lot of gun shops don't seem to understand). They also do just about any custom AK work you can dream up and will build weapons out of parts kits. The owner is also a collector and will have some relatively oddball things on the walls (old Winchesters, an old Model 8, etc). I'm probably making them my go-to shop.

I also like Triple J firearms. Little place, owned by a father and son(s?). Small but varied selection. Willing to order just about anything. The son I talked to was a friendly guy.

The place was staffed with a bunch of smug a-holes the one time I went in there. Never going back.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    I'll never go back to Spectre Firearms. I was in there checking out holsters and noticed they had quite a few options from El Paso Saddlery. I've never seen them for sale locally so it was a nice surprise. A few days later I called them up to see if they had any EP Saddlery holsters for a 1911 so I didn't have to drive back up there, and the guy that answered insisted to me that they did not carry any products from them. I insisted to him that they do, and that I was in there a few days earlier and saw them. He refused to walk over and spend the 30sec to look.

Previous to that, I had been in there a few times to window shop. Their prices are pretty high. The best prices in the area are Tomball Pawn and SGA.

cswpsi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    South of Houston
    I have two close by that I don't see on your list ...

Triple G Guns & More, LLC (New July 2014)
    1542 Sunset Dr
    Friendswood, Tx 77546
    (832) 569-2210

R & G Guns
    217 W Coombs St
    Alvin, TX 77511
    (281) 331-0087

R&G is open for business after being robbed back in Feb/Mar. However, the owner mentioned he is looking for a new location (somewhere in Alvin).

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom