Hurley's Gold

Can we please increase the minimum post count to use the gun classifieds ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I'm doing my best not to be a hater but I get annoyed with the gun classified thread being flooded with junky overpriced BS. I know we live in a capitalist society, supply and demand, yadda,yadda,yadda but can we please consider increasing minimum post count before a new user can simply dump all of their garbage on our site. I would like to see a new user contribute a little more to the site before turning it into an overpiced flea-market. Maybe this should go in the "rants and raves" thread, but I put it here instead because I am serious. Thanks gents - Texmex out
    Capitol Armory ad

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Given the price frenzy going on right now, I'd probably also support a bump in forum participation prior to posting stuff for sale. Many of the comments about price I have removed from classifieds were actually justified... just not permitted. Most were new people posting high profit ammo or guns. I don't think 25 is asking too much for a person who actually has interest in the forum - not just hawking his goods.

Question is... do we want forum members - or drive by sellers?

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    I'd like to see 25. Only concern that brings along is the random posting, dredging up old threads, and general spamming folks will put up to hit the magic post number.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    IMO, SOMETHING needs to be done - we're gettin' useless "credit" posts, then some jackleg tossin' up overpriced crap.

Either that, or give us permission ta "egg" the gougers.....<evil grin>

Kin ah git an "AMEN"?!??

<G>

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    IMO, SOMETHING needs to be done - we're gettin' useless "credit" posts, then some jackleg tossin' up overpriced crap.

Either that, or give us permission ta "egg" the gougers.....<evil grin>

Kin ah git an "AMEN"?!??

<G>

I'm going to get you a dictionary so you'll stop posting like a toothless meth monger.

I changed the post requirement to 25. It won't be retroactive, meaning it will only affect posters from this point forward whom haven't already met the requirements.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

Either that, or give us permission ta "egg" the gougers.....&lt;evil grin&gt;

Kin ah git an "AMEN"?!??

&lt;G&gt;

Amen brotha!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I'm going to get you a dictionary so you'll stop posting like a toothless meth monger.

Ah'm gonna teach YOU how ta talk lahk a proper Texas-bred Son of the South instead of some limp-wristed yankee!!!

<now boys, THAT is balls - bitch-slappin' a site owner in public.......>

Signed,

Glockster69

I changed the post requirement to 25. It won't be retroactive, meaning it will only affect posters from this point forward whom haven't already met the requirements.

Nice - thank you! If we see folks tryin' to post-whore, ya want us to "report" 'em, or let ya'll spot 'em?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom