• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockGuy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    Can you reload this type ammo? It has on the box 9mm Luger 115Gr. Metal Case" The cases look like their brass.:confused: Thanks for your help.

"
    3166910.jpg
    For practice, target shooting, training exercises or any other high-volume shooting situation UMC centerfire pistol and revolver ammunition offers value without any compromise in quality or performance. Made with Remington components right here in the USA, UMC handgun ammunition is available in today’s most popular pistol and revolver calibers with metal case bullets. UMC ammunition provides shooters with the optimum blend of value and performance. Now available in money-saving large-quantity 250-round Mega Packs."
    Venture Surplus ad

Tired Retired

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    DFW Area
    Yes, Remington uses the Boxer primers (the ones with the single hole in the bottom). You will see that the head stamp is "R-P" and it is good to go. Remington is actually one of my preferred headstamps.

GlockGuy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    Yes, Remington uses the Boxer primers (the ones with the single hole in the bottom). You will see that the head stamp is "R-P" and it is good to go. Remington is actually one of my preferred headstamps.
    Thanks, I was worried when I bought them I was told you couldn't reload them. But they do have R-P stamped on the bottom of the cases.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    UMC, Not PMC junky. JK JK

PMC stands for Pretty Much Crap.

R-P Is very dangerous to reload. You should send it all to me and i will dispose of it properly. Once again, just kidding.

junkyguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    yep it is umc you are absolutly correct Robo ! either way it is ok to reload not hte very best but it will work just fine if you can get the factory crap to fire so you can reload it LOL

as i recall pmc is aluminum cases ?? i think but I have just had breakfast and really don't care about anything else at the moment until the caffien hits

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    PMC makes brass case mostly. Blazer is the aluminum case company, but they also make a line of brass stuff.

I have a nearly unlimited supply of brass at work, if I so choose. I am just picky about my brass.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    UMC is US made by Remington (Union Metallic Cartridge). PMC is Korean (Pangsoon Metal Company AKA Pot Metal Company). Blazer is a dual line made by CCI. One side of the Blazer line is Aluminum/berdan primed, non-reloadable. The other is the relatively new Blazer Brass, reloadable.

Scrounged brass is definately worth picking up. Clean polish and sort according to head stamp. As long as you sort, you will have relative consistent loads. I generally save up brass, load it all and when boxing it up I sort by head stamp. That way each box is consistent. I tend to load 1000 at a time, though.

Tired Retired

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    DFW Area
    One point of range pick-up brass.... you have to inspect it more closely that you usually do for brass you fired. You have no idea how the person who reloaded it before you. It may be split, cut by bad dies, had over-pressure loads loaded in it, etc. I also try to stick to the 1st line (or even second line) name brand headstamps. Stuff like Amer, "star-star" etc are throw-aways to me. My weapons (and my face and hands) are more important than trying to save .02 cents by using a low-end piece of brass.

Top Bottom