• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    The ad says steel cases two lines above above Product Description. I've heard of people reloading steel cases but the general consensus is that it's not a good idea.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Says it in the Product Description also: "This high-quality, Russian-made steel-cased ammo..."

You can't go by looks alone.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Can you? Yes. Should you? Probably not the best idea. Is it practical to reload? No. Almost assuredly berdan primed. De-priming requires special tool. Finding proper size berdan primers is almost impossible.

Millerwb

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Bryan
    I have shot that Wolf .380 ammo before. It is, as the box says, Berdan Primed. It is not brass but has the neatest copper wash on the steel cases. Really a great looking cartridge, bullet and case being the same color.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I wouldnt take the chance of reloading steel cases. I use to work for a local ammo reloading company, during the sorting process we would pitch all steel and all aluminum cases. What I do for plinking with my ak and sks is I buy the wolf fmj. I receitly bought 2 boxes of winchester fmj brass, after I walk 15 feet in every direction to collect it all, Ill reload those brass rounds with soft points for hunting.

rodnocker1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Leona, Texas
    Can you? Yes. Should you? Probably not the best idea. Is it practical to reload? No. Almost assuredly berdan primed. De-priming requires special tool. Finding proper size berdan primers is almost impossible.

I picked up some 7.62x39 "brass" the other day at the range that looked just like new Winchester brass. When I got home and ran my magnet through the bucket, I found it was steel with a brass coating....into the trash it went. :(

I've read of people reloading both the steel and aluminum cases and say they have had good "luck" doing it, although I don't see how (I'm not saying they are telling mistruths, just that I am not that bright ). Most of this stuff appears to be Berdan primed, even the CCI aluminum cased Blazer, and as robocop10mm said, it's nearly impossible to find Berdan primers.

I've thrown away alot of MilSurp brass cases in the recycle bin because they are Berdan primed. To me, the process to convert Berdan primer pockets to Boxer just isn't worth the time and aggravation, especially on common calibers.

Rodney

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    And, CCI uses an odd size primer on the Blazer aluminum ammo. It does not correspond to Warsaw Pact sizes and CCI is the only manufacturer of these "odd" sizes.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom