Military Camp

Can you / sgould get a flu shot while youre sick?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    This should be interesting reading for some of you. Google "The toll of the anti-vaccination movement" for an interesting graphic.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Why in the world would anyone EVER get a flu shot? IMO this would be like getting shots/vaccine for a common cold. Hell, people have probably died from a cold, but they were probably special or rare cases possibly due to some unique genetic/physical conditions, and likely unhealthy people living unhealthy lifestyles with unhealthy diets. Although I'm not sure this is actually the case or not, I don't remember there even being vaccines or shots for the flu several years ago? Seems like a product of the last decade possibly, and yet another way to monetize something in the pharma world that is probably entirely unnecessary, with a lot of potential downsides. It's the freakin flu! Start with good nutrition, take some other steps to protect yourself in a natural manner with making good choices, and that's probably all you really need to do. If you get the flu, oh well, suffer through it for a few days, take it easy, keep having HEALTHY habits while you have it, and it'll pass on by.

I have had the flu like once, maybe twice in my life, and that was 15-20 years ago. Not one single time since then. I rarely drink but a few times a year, never smoked one single thing and never done one single drug. Also, I cut out as much sugar from my diet as possible, to the point of rarely even eating fruit (I usually get not much more than 20-30g/day). Excess sugar in the diet can reduce immune function substantially, and for hours/days on end. I personally think Dan is right. If you live a healthy life and have regular, healthy habits, the flu isn't something you should be worried about, let alone getting vaccines for. Don't have crappy nutritional habits. Don't have crappy life habits.

Because they may be at a high risk of DYING from actually getting the flu.

I get it. You're for completely natural everything, no preservatives, no unnecessary sugar, organic everything. Do you personally need a flu shot? No, probably not. However, my 86 year old grandmother gets one, and I'm glad she does.

I always laugh at all of the people who are 100% against vaccinations. Granted, I go on and off with the flu shot, but other than that, I'm a pretty big proponent of getting vaccinated. I'm curious how many of you, other than Sig_Fiend who even goes as far as using organic salt(you hippy), eat healthy? How much canned food do you eat, fried food, etc?

diveRN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    The Metroplex

I get it. You're for completely natural everything, no preservatives, no unnecessary sugar, organic everything. Do you personally need a flu shot? No, probably not. However, my 86 year old grandmother gets one, and I'm glad she does.

I always laugh at all of the people who are 100% against vaccinations. Granted, I go on and off with the flu shot, but other than that, I'm a pretty big proponent of getting vaccinated. I'm curious how many of you, other than Sig_Fiend who even goes as far as using organic salt(you hippy), eat healthy? How much canned food do you eat, fried food, etc?

I don't think he's saying he's anti-vaccination, I think he's saying he's anti-every-year-gotta-get-the-flu-vaccine. I will NOT get the flu shot, I work in health care. However, I have had all of my childhood vaccines as has my kid and would encourage everyone to get their kid vaccinated. Further, I recommend that EVERYONE who has comorbidities that could be seriously complicated by the flu to get vaccinated against it as well... your 86yo grandma, for example. ESPECIALLY if she lives in an assisted living or skilled nursing facility.

There is a middle ground and there are effective alternatives to annual flu vaccination.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    i did and it definitely fixed my flu 100%. some of you might wanna try my so called flu shot.

Flu Shot recipe
    1 part lemon juice
    1 part luke warm water
    1 part brandy

you are welcome :D

Sent from the black hole

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX

I'm not anti-vaccinations. When it comes to actual vaccinations (measles, mumps, etc.), I think people need to do their homework and make educated decisions about exactly which ones they want to subject themselves and/or their children to, as opposed to blindly accepting any and all vaccinations a doctor may suggest giving them. There are perfectly legit vaccinations that people really should have, as the flip side of none whatsoever has some serious health implications just like indiscriminate vaccinations. People just need to think about this stuff, research, and make some educated decisions is all.

I'm speaking more about average adults, as in people that have choices and options they can make to easily and vastly improve their lives. With old age, there can definitely be more of a vulnerability to these things. I'm pretty much of the opinion that, once you reach older ages, you should pretty much be able to do whatever the hell you want, as you've earned that right. ;) For the average adult, however, I personally think it's a bit ridiculous and excessive.

Kusai, do those flu shots come in a flask? ;)

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    I don't recommend children get any vaccine. If you are an adult and you want to do it, go ahead. I can't stand the bullshit pressure vaccine advocates want to place on those who choose to abstain for scientific, religious, or philosophical differences. Vaccines can and do kill people, all the time, do your homework. If you believe that the death of one innocent person who is otherwise healthy as a result of a vaccine they probably didn't need is acceptable for the collective good, then move to North Korea you commie asshole.

Last edited:

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    I may be lucky but at 74 I have had the flu one time back in the early 60's and never came close to it again.
    I never had a flu shot and won't ever as I dont belive in them but thats just me .

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013

I'm thinking of nominating the anti-vaccination crowd for a Darwin Award.

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    I'm thinking of nominating the anti-vaccination crowd for a Darwin Award.

Give me an example where this is true. Have you seen how healthy children who haven't been vaccinated are? I'll nominate the sheep who are too stupid to do the research. Same folks who would willingly walk into a gas chamber because the government and doctors told them to.

diveRN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    The Metroplex
    Vaccines have not had the luxury of being thoroughly tested over time, this includes those that have been around the longest. Is there benefit? Absolutely, but there are also risks. People who refuse to acknowledge the risks of ANY vaccination, both short and long term, won't gain any empathy from me.

The following isn't flu-shot related, but it clearly demonstrates that drug companies are pushing vaccines in the interest of profits. The flu-shot is no different.

Gardasil Researcher Speaks Out - CBS News

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Vaccines have not had the luxury of being thoroughly tested over time, this includes those that have been around the longest. Is there benefit? Absolutely, but there are also risks. People who refuse to acknowledge the risks of ANY vaccination, both short and long term, won't gain any empathy from me.

The following isn't flu-shot related, but it clearly demonstrates that drug companies are pushing vaccines in the interest of profits. The flu-shot is no different.

Gardasil Researcher Speaks Out - CBS News
    Figured I'd bump this thread instead of making a new one based off the new revelations with the CDC whistleblower. If you haven't heard http://www.infowars.com/breaking-cdc-whistleblower-ive-stopped-lying/....and if you don't trust infowars for some stupid reason (even though they are more or less like Drudge...a news aggregator) watch the whistleblower's call to congress critters to investigate

Also to the effect of the post I quoted...this study does basically link to flu shots because they are specifically attributing these symptoms to the Thimerosal (aka mercury based preservative) which is also used in flu shots.

Last edited:

TomfromTX

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    I am getting conflicting info on whether it s a good or bad idea to get a flu shot while you're sick?

What say TGT?

Flu shots became popular and mandatory during the time I was in the Military. Had to take one every year. And every year within about 4 days of taking the shot, I ended up sicker than a dog for 5 to 7 days. Retired in '91 and haven't had a flu since then. And guess what? Haven't been sick since then either!

Silverplan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2014
    East Texas
    A flue shot protects you from the flue viruses 2 years ago. They have absolutely no idea what the next flue virus look like, where its coming from and what kind of flue viruses it would be.

Well - that is what it is. First they have to have the virus, that means they have to wait until the new flue virus emerges and how he looks like. Without the new virus there can not be a vaccine right? Than they have to go to the lab and testing it for about 12-14 months. Than a vaccine have to be created, if you lucky it takes only 2-3 months. The production line has to be set up and this stuff have to be produced another 2-3 months at least. Than it have to be delivered to different Pharmacies and even WalMart. And than you get your flue shot that protect you from the flue virus 2 years ago.

But keep in mind that the world health organisations warning from this vaccinations. Over 80% are not even helping against he specific virus that it was supposedly created for, because of technical issues during producing. Over 90% of the vaccines are heavy contaminated with led, mercury and even biological substances that cause cancer, hepatitis and other ugly illnesses. If someone ask you if you want a flue shot, your doctors office could not possible earn more money with one shot, there are bonuses from the pharma industry involved, than ask the nurse or the pharmacist to read you the side effects of this medication.
    Don't forget a vaccination is administering a heavy and dangerous load of medication in a healthy body that interferes heavily with your bodily biosphere.

A CEO in 1982 said once in a speech in front of the BASF all stuff meeting in Mannheim Germany. If the Pharmaceutical Industry with their lobbyist could convince the governments that vaccination of all population is necessary, than the pharma industry has created 8 Billion costumers that have to buy our product by law. Just think about that for a second.
    Today they have almost made it and I predict that in 5 years from now, it would be against the law not top take whatever vaccination that the industry come up with is not taken. Vaccination will be very soon a matter of a court of Law. he flue vac is payed or substituted heavily by Tax payers money. A flue shot cost arround $ 150.00. That what you may be pay is the person that gives you the shot and not the vaccine itself. The vaccine is payed by your TAX.

But who I am to tell you communistic agendas?

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom