Target Sports

Can you shoot deer at the austin rifle club?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I saw an RC plane taken down by a skeet shooter once. There was quite a bit of flak over that but man was it fun to watch.

That is hilarious becasue (1) I used to build and fly R/C (2) it would just be funny to see.......if I owned the plane I wouldn't be so happy but then again......flying R/C near a skeet range is asking for trouble.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    One of our flying fields is near a skeet range. No problems if you are all following the rules. For a skeet shooter to be able to down a plane one of them would have to be in the wrong place. Pretty short range weapon. We used to practice in the Army shooting at RC planes with an M60 machine gun. Not exactly an easy thing to do. Short range with a shotgun would be much easier.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    At some of our old meets one of our members was bringing an Eflite Apprentice that he would drag balloons behind for the skeet shooters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    One of our flying fields is near a skeet range. No problems if you are all following the rules. For a skeet shooter to be able to down a plane one of them would have to be in the wrong place. Pretty short range weapon. We used to practice in the Army shooting at RC planes with an M60 machine gun. Not exactly an easy thing to do. Short range with a shotgun would be much easier.

Imagine what it was like to be in a bomber trying to hit a jap or German fighter coming in a 200-300mph.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.asktheheadhunter.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F12%2Flmao.png

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    Don’t know what depredation has to do with it, or animal cruelty. Game laws are clear.
    https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/...eneral-regulations/laws-penalties-restitution

A person who hunts without landowner consent and kills a desert bighorn sheep, pronghorn antelope, white-tailed deer, or mule deer commits an offense that is a Parks and Wildlife Code state jail felony. Upon conviction, your hunting and fishing license is automatically revoked”

"Depredation" is not "hunting"

Same reason why you can't get a DUI for working on a car with no engine in your driveway.

It's still stupid and illegal, but not for the reason you're posting in the context of depredation by someone who controls the property.
    A goober on a firing line doesn't apply to that context, obviously

Top Bottom