• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    This thread is for saying thanks for all of the well wishes and prayers sent out to my mother, Per my conversation with my dad and the doctor, all went well! She is in ICU/Recovery now, I could not be there, I cannot spend my vacation days to readily because I may need them for the lung cancer treatment. Nothing has been decided on how to proceed with this, but she will need to wait 2 to 3 weeks after today's operation. With her last scan a second growth was found on the same lung. She never was a smoker, but here father smoked like a freight train, if anyone here remembers Bugler. Again, I want everyone here to know how much I appreciate all of the support.
    Lynx Defense

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Follow up for everyone, brought mom home after surgery. Tumor removed, follow up radiation treatments on three consecutive days in the second week of March. Lung treatment procedures still not set.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    This thread is for saying thanks for all of the well wishes and prayers sent out to my mother, Per my conversation with my dad and the doctor, all went well! She is in ICU/Recovery now, I could not be there, I cannot spend my vacation days to readily because I may need them for the lung cancer treatment. Nothing has been decided on how to proceed with this, but she will need to wait 2 to 3 weeks after today's operation. With her last scan a second growth was found on the same lung. She never was a smoker, but here father smoked like a freight train, if anyone here remembers Bugler. Again, I want everyone here to know how much I appreciate all of the support.
    Great to hear, prayers for continued recovery

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    She is still at the no lift state, nothing greater than 5 lbs., but her appetite is getting better. Last night a nice bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup, 8 crackers, and a fruit bowl with grapes and cantaloupe chunks as well as a small spoon of freshly made blackberry cobbler. She wanted more cobbler, but she should not have too many sweets. She is borderline diabetic, the piece I cut was about 1 1/2 inches by 1 1/2 inches. I reduced the sugar in the recipe as well and doubled the blackberries for flavor.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

The two main types of "lung cancer": Adenocarcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma.

The Adeno is common n older females and is not related to tobacco.

Neither is good, but squamous cell with multiple masses is really bad.

leVieux

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    So this is a follow up to the cancer treatment in general. Yesterday, 3/23/22 the port was installed near the clavicle, today was 3/24, was the first chemo. The schedule is every three weeks, for three treatments including today, then an MRI to check progress, then possibly more chemo or surgery.

@leVieux, per the oncologist, some of the ovarian cancer cells must have remained active and "hidden" then spread to the two areas, this may just be a layman explanation. Have you ever read any of the 2017 studies related to iodine deficiencies and its relation to cancer? I'm just curious, since she had been placed on a reduced sodium diet, thus here intake of iodized salt may have lead to this. She had been tested to be too low on sodium. Just curious on your thoughts. It frustrates me that her PCP, does not believe in supplements, and has convinced her to not take any sort of multi-vitamin or anything. I see that as an elderly person eats less, appetite decreases, then being sure that they receive the needed nutrients for continued health is vital. I'm not a doctor, just seems to make commonsense.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom