Candidate for the NFL?

Fishkiller

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Jul 22, 2019
Frederickburg
I agree with Ben. The coach should be fired for his words, but I am sure he is a "Winning Coach" so all is OK. This is what is wrongs with sports in general, win at all costs. No ethics or morals, the coach should have said he is having the kid expelled from school and asking for charges to be brought.

SQLGeek

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Sep 22, 2017
Richmond
Want to know how stuff like this gets enabled into existence? Check out this quote from Edinburg High head football coach JJ Lejia:That's all that matters? His team wins and they make it to the playoffs after one of their guys does something like this and "That's all that matters"!?! How the bloody hell could those words come out of the mouth of that coach? I invite that idiot to get on a fast horse and ride it straight to hell. The example he's setting for his players is, at best, incompetent. In reality, it's much worse.
And the stupidity seems to be widespread down there. The local newspaper headline refers to the team advancing under these conditions as "Bittersweet"? WTF? What's wrong with that player, that coach, that program, that school, that paper, that town?

These are the times that make me very, very happy that I moved out of the "small-town-Texas, HS-football-is-our-religion" hell-hole I grew up in.

ETA: At least there's a little justice happening. That winning team has now forfeited their playoff spot.
This post means so very much to me. Thank you. It's absolutely true, this attitude comes from the HC. I see it all the time on Thursdays and Fridays.

The UIL is so lax with handling incidents and behavior that it eventually leads to bigger issues like this happening.

Vaquero

Dog faced pony soldier
Apr 4, 2011
Out West
Quite a shame.
I fully agree with Ben's assessment.
That said, I really think this guy could have had a future in physical sports. Gone like a fart in a bucket of nails. Won't be recovered. Won't be forgotten.
I hope he recovers and gets his shit straight.

seeker_two

TGT Addict
Jul 1, 2008
Hope the judge orders him tested for steroids.....

....also, the ref could technically be considered a school employee via contract. That could bump the assault up to a felony if the DA pushes it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom