• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

That article also mentioned he had been suspended in the 2019-20 soccer season after a similar incident last season. I give him a few more years before he rages out and kills someone or is killed himself.
    1607119857533.jpeg
    Texas SOT

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    I agree with Ben. The coach should be fired for his words, but I am sure he is a "Winning Coach" so all is OK. This is what is wrongs with sports in general, win at all costs. No ethics or morals, the coach should have said he is having the kid expelled from school and asking for charges to be brought.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Want to know how stuff like this gets enabled into existence? Check out this quote from Edinburg High head football coach JJ Lejia:That's all that matters? His team wins and they make it to the playoffs after one of their guys does something like this and "That's all that matters"!?! How the bloody hell could those words come out of the mouth of that coach? I invite that idiot to get on a fast horse and ride it straight to hell. The example he's setting for his players is, at best, incompetent. In reality, it's much worse.
    And the stupidity seems to be widespread down there. The local newspaper headline refers to the team advancing under these conditions as "Bittersweet"? WTF? What's wrong with that player, that coach, that program, that school, that paper, that town?

These are the times that make me very, very happy that I moved out of the "small-town-Texas, HS-football-is-our-religion" hell-hole I grew up in.

ETA: At least there's a little justice happening. That winning team has now forfeited their playoff spot.

This post means so very much to me. Thank you. It's absolutely true, this attitude comes from the HC. I see it all the time on Thursdays and Fridays.

The UIL is so lax with handling incidents and behavior that it eventually leads to bigger issues like this happening.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Quite a shame.
    I fully agree with Ben's assessment.
    That said, I really think this guy could have had a future in physical sports. Gone like a fart in a bucket of nails. Won't be recovered. Won't be forgotten.
    I hope he recovers and gets his shit straight.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Quite a shame.
    I fully agree with Ben's assessment.
    That said, I really think this guy could have had a future in physical sports. Gone like a fart in a bucket of nails. Won't be recovered. Won't be forgotten.

He likely will relegated to some lower level school instead of a Power 5 school. Somebody will roll the dice on him.

But it wreaks of roid rage.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I share that hope but, to paraphrase Jordan Peterson, the literature on this subject is just dismal. There's basically no good way to handle young men of this age who display such uncontrolled aggression. It should have been nipped in the bud by his father when he was 4 years old or younger.

By this point, the sad truth is that the most generally applicable way to fix him is to wait for him to commit a serious crime and then lock him up until he's 27+ years of age. By that point, the brain usually ages out of this sort of uncontrolled aggression. It becomes possible to teach such young men some sort of useful trade and then let them back into society with an acceptably small (and, yeah, everybody will disagree on the definition of that) risk to society.

While I share your hope, my bet is that this guy is a lost cause for the next decade, minimum.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    So I'll be the tenth man here, and don't take this as me defending his actions at all. He should face assault charges.

What I want to know or see is the call and play that got him ejected and the previous calls in the game.

Having played and watched my kids play there are definitely some refs that need to be knocked down and kicked after. I'm not talking about one bad call, I am talking about a history of favoritism and referee condoned/ ignored cheating. If you have ever watched your kids play a game you know exactly what I am talking about.

His team should still be in the playoffs. One poor decision by one member shouldn't ruin the season for the whole team. It's not right. Period.

Maybe he is a trouble youth but maybe he is a kid that just got pushed too far. He has a history but maybe that history is well earned.

Look around and see that we could be in the same boat as 2A defenders. We are getting pushed but we defend those that push back.

Push us far enough and we will push back.

This kid could just be a piece of shit but he could just be one of us too.

Remember the news isn't always telling us the whole story. They may just be telling us what they want us to believe.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    So I'll be the tenth man here, and don't take this as me defending his actions at all. He should face assault charges.

What I want to know or see is the call and play that got him ejected and the previous calls in the game.

Having played and watched my kids play there are definitely some refs that need to be knocked down and kicked after. I'm not talking about one bad call, I am talking about a history of favoritism and referee condoned/ ignored cheating. If you have ever watched your kids play a game you know exactly what I am talking about.

His team should still be in the playoffs. One poor decision by one member shouldn't ruin the season for the whole team. It's not right. Period.

Maybe he is a trouble youth but maybe he is a kid that just got pushed too far. He has a history but maybe that history is well earned.

Look around and see that we could be in the same boat as 2A defenders. We are getting pushed but we defend those that push back.

Remember the news isn't always telling us the whole story. They may just be telling us what they want us to believe.
    Umm. No.

He came off the sideline, ran across the field and attacked the ref. No excuse. Period.

Just a tad of difference in defending the 2A and going berserk over a call in a GAME.

Yes, someone needs to be reaching out to him to try and help. But he still needs to face the music.

And check him for steroid use.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    I also found this quote disturbing:
    "The incident will be under investigation by the Texas Association of Sports Officials, according to a statement released by TASO on Friday morning:

“On the evening of December 3, 2020 another vicious and deliberate assault was inflected on a TASO Football Official by a player who had just been ejected from the contest. Unfortunately, this type of blind-sided assault on an official while working on the field is not new to Texas Football."

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

I agree with some of this. Unless there is some connection between the incident and the coaches' actions, the team shouldn't suffer for one asswipe. The loss of respect for school authorities resulting from this may have repercussions down the road.

Also, looking into the ref's calls might be warranted, but that isn't a defense for the perp's actions. There is a procedure to challenge a bad ref....and it never involves physical assault.

The perp may need help, but he has a history of aggressive behavior. Part of that help must include the perp taking responsibility for his actions and facing the consequences. Otherwise, the aggressive behavior will escalate into a tragedy.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

dapakattack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    DFW Area
    Football and Wrestling coaches should be teaching about controlled aggression. You go all out the right way until the whistle is blown. As others have stated, this coach should be fired. More than likely he is also a piece of sh$% that puts winning over everything else. I'd bet that kid does a lot of crappy things in practice and the coaches just go along with it. Let Johnny be Johnny, we need him Friday night.

Doesn't matter. The kids actions are not justifiable.

Having played and watched my kids play there are definitely some refs that need to be knocked down and kicked after.

Nope, never. It is just a game and physical violence, even for numerous bad calls, is never justified.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Doesn't matter. The kids actions are not justifiable.

Never? Under absolutely no circumstances? Couldn't possibly be even remotely possible?

How closed minded you are. There are unlimited scenarios and you are eliminating every single one without any more information.

Nope, never. It is just a game and physical violence, even for numerous bad calls, is never justified.

But it's not just a game. Lives are changed by the outcome.

It may be just a game to you but if my kids are getting screwed over it's a little more personal than that. That applies on the field and off.

And again, I'm not saying what he did is right but we don't know the whole story.

John Galt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2020
    Huntsville
    Shy of the ref pulling out a sniper rifle and mowing down kids, under what circumstance would you ever condone violence against a sporting official? I played my whole childhood through high school. My son played from 4 years old through high school. I never once thought to myself, "That ref needs to be taught a lesson through violence."

Top Bottom