• ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    You peoples is gaslighting me!

Was just out shopping for one of these Canik blaster thingies and I'll be danged if I could find one.
    Two Academy stores, one gun shop, and even Cabela's had no love for the Moonpie.
    Vaporware!

Excuse me while I go hug my Walther P-38.

At the very least give it some scho ka kola first
    a6affe33b2c1eb-a-nw-p.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

Attachments

• a6affe33b2c1eb-a-nw-p.jpg
      a6affe33b2c1eb-a-nw-p.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 498

K9117

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Wood County, TX
    I found one of these at Academy that had burnt bronze cerakote. I asked if they would price match Grab A Gun. Academy was $300 and GaG was $280.

Academy refused so Monday I ordered one from GaG. It took my order four minutes to go from accepted to ready to pick up.

I wandered over that way yesterday and picked up my new pistol.

View attachment 178440

I've gotta say that Canik has raised the bar on full sized service pistols. The trigger on this is damn good for an out of the box poly framed gun. It feels good in the hand and I really like those sights. The rear is a Warren U notch and the front is a white dot.

This ran me right at $302.02 out the door. It only comes with one mag, that's ok for me as my SFX mags will fit just fine.

IMHO Canik has out Glocked Glock. Even with the full kit this pistol runs $357 out the door at GaG. Glock can't or won't even come close to this price point, nor does a factory Glock have a trigger like this. The Canik even comes with steel sights VS plastic sights on a Glock.

This is a Glock 17 sized pistol and it holds one more round than a G17.

I'll get it to the range no later than Saturday, I have no doubt that it's going to shoot well.

Hey, good for you man! You got to put the screws to Academy AND come away with a very nice looking pistol. Grab-a-gun's hard to beat and Academy, at least the ones around here (Tyler/Longview areas) have developed a nasty Democratic attitude. IF I'm going to buy a gun, or gun accessory locally, I try to give Atwood's my business. They seem grateful for everything they sell.
    The best of luck with your new pistol and enjoy!

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Why not the best Canik offers vs a third gen Glock? IMO third gen was glocks best run.

I'll disagree. Gen 5 is pretty much the best yet, imho. Ambi slide stop, better trigger, slide stop is more durable than any previos gen, backstraps, slide is more durable than gen 4, no finger grooves, internal springs are improved, ever so slightly improved barrel, all barrel locking surfaces are the g19 cut. Also glock finally seems to have fixed the BTF issue, which more than a few gen 3's have had, mostly 19's

People talk about the gen 3's frying pan finish, and it was super tough, but even if you see shiny metal on a gen 4 or 5, its going to protect from rust. The frame texture on most gen 3's was not that great.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    You peoples is gaslighting me!

Was just out shopping for one of these Canik blaster thingies and I'll be danged if I could find one.
    Two Academy stores, one gun shop, and even Cabela's had no love for the Moonpie.
    Vaporware!

Excuse me while I go hug my Walther P-38.
    I got you covered. Just think of a downgraded PPQ Q5.

Top Bottom