Join TexasGunTalk

Canik One Series

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by TheMailMan, Jul 18, 2019.

1. RobertTheTexan

RobertTheTexan Active Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Central Texas
    I don’t think because a gun is cheaper than a Glock and has a lighter trigger that it’s out-Glocked Glock. I personally don’t mind the Glock trigger, because I realize it is the way it is for a reason and I dry fire and train with it enough so that I shoot it well and I don’t have to worry about a lighter trigger during an adrenaline dump. I am glad you found a pistol for a great deal but for me it takes more than a cheaper polymer gun with a light trigger to become a Glock-Killer. Glocks have put down far too many bad guys to be so easily dismissed. IMO anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. TheDan

TheDan 4th Best Member TGT Supporter

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'd have to dislike the gun to send it back to the people who screwed it up in the first place ;)

DyeF9 likes this.
  3. TheDan

TheDan 4th Best Member TGT Supporter

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Canik doesn't need special member pricing since their stuff is already very affordable. Does Canik have bad customer service?

How so?

4. Sam7sf

Sam7sf TGT Addict

Apr 13, 2018
    Dfw metromess.
    Glock stopped leading and started fallowing the pack a long time ago. You don’t need to spend Glock prices to get Glock reliability. Glock says their failure rate is the best but I have had no issues with say my ruger 9e. 300 bucks out the door.

Once gen 4 came out, I never viewed Glock the same. They started producing some garbage. I won’t ever sell my gen 3 17. I had a lot of gen 3’s when I was younger. Never one malfunction in any.

digger likes this.
  5. SQLGeek

SQLGeek Vodak, The Choice of a New Generation TGT Supporter

Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I dealt with Glock CS once when my G19 Gen 4 of "perfection" was throwing brass in my face as was a common issue with the Gen 4 9mm guns. They had a main spring swap going on so all I had to do was request a new one and they sent it. I never did send the old one back.

Sam7sf likes this.
  6. Sam7sf

Sam7sf TGT Addict

Apr 13, 2018
    Dfw metromess.
    Not super excited about my 19x. Not gonna get rid of it. I definitely don’t care about the gen 5 because of its magwell flare. Feels horrible.

7. Ozzman

Ozzman Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Glocks are great pistols, and they work every time. My only qualm with them is they don't recommend putting cast bullets down the barrel due to the polygonal rifling. Apparently a gun or two blew up using cast bullets a few years ago. I typically cast 50 or so pounds of 124 gr .356 pills every year, since they are my go-to for practice. My Canik's eat them up like candy with no worries.

Sam7sf likes this.
  8. pronstar

pronstar TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Glocks are good, affordable guns.

But they haven’t cornered the market for good, affordable guns.

It’s entirely possible for other gunmakers to also make good, affordable guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dad_Roman, TX OMFS and Sam7sf like this.
  9. zackmars

zackmars Active Member

Nov 4, 2015
    galveston county
    The one time i dealt with century, i wasnt impressed. Furthermore, canik is one EO away from no longer being imprted, glock has a US factory, and you have enough military and police users to insure the company isn't going anywhere

Even if i could only buy glocks at MSRP, I'd be happy. From what ive seen, glocks are far simpler, and mre reliable than canik

A super nice trigger can hide the fact you might not have good fundamentals, and for some reason, a hammer fired SAO needs a safety, but a SAO striker doesn't?

The more i started shooting, the more i realized that a super nice trigger didn't actually make me a better shooter

10. Sam7sf

Sam7sf TGT Addict

Apr 13, 2018
    Dfw metromess.
    :popcorn:

TxStetson likes this.