• ...and so much more!
  • diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Maybe a 1911 should be tossed into the action along with the Canik and Glock?
    Controlling for failure, are we?
    m_ROTFLMAO.gif

Attachments

• m_ROTFLMAO.gif
      m_ROTFLMAO.gif
      9.6 KB · Views: 383
    Last edited:

Rob945

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    North Texas
    There's a gun store between Seguin & NB that does the NICS on LTC holders too. I asked then about it & they said they do it in case something has happened that would make you ineligible but DPS hasn't pulled your LTC yet.

I guess that makes sense and may prevent bad publicity but I don't like it.
    GaG does it for LTC holders too when you pick up your order at their storefront in Coppell. It's pretty painless though. They use tablets with touchscreens and it always seems to complete very quickly.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    The one time i dealt with century, i wasnt impressed. Furthermore, canik is one EO away from no longer being imprted, glock has a US factory, and you have enough military and police users to insure the company isn't going anywhere

Even if i could only buy glocks at MSRP, I'd be happy. From what ive seen, glocks are far simpler, and mre reliable than canik

A super nice trigger can hide the fact you might not have good fundamentals, and for some reason, a hammer fired SAO needs a safety, but a SAO striker doesn't?

The more i started shooting, the more i realized that a super nice trigger didn't actually make me a better shooter
    So you don't own or use a Canik?

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    This brings back memories. I have a buddy that teaches lots of different handgun classes and swears by Glock. I have no problem with that, but I do have a problem with the constant shit talking. A mutual friend recommended we try the 2,000 round challenge that was all the rage at the time. We met at the range with 2,000 rounds each, his Glock G17, and my H&K USP 45. The mutual friend went to Academy and grabbed more ammo because neither choked on the way to 2,000 rounds. The G17 had a feed failure at just over 2800 rounds, and a couple more over the next few mags before my buddy said Uncle. I ran through the rest of the ammo I had out there, without any hiccups, and still didn’t clean the USP for the next few range trips. I finally cleaned it after 3,200 rounds, because I was cleaning all my other guns and felt bad for it. There’s a reason my SHTF gun is a USP 45.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    This brings back memories. I have a buddy that teaches lots of different handgun classes and swears by Glock. I have no problem with that, but I do have a problem with the constant shit talking. A mutual friend recommended we try the 2,000 round challenge that was all the rage at the time. We met at the range with 2,000 rounds each, his Glock G17, and my H&K USP 45. The mutual friend went to Academy and grabbed more ammo because neither choked on the way to 2,000 rounds. The G17 had a feed failure at just over 2800 rounds, and a couple more over the next few mags before my buddy said Uncle. I ran through the rest of the ammo I had out there, without any hiccups, and still didn’t clean the USP for the next few range trips. I finally cleaned it after 3,200 rounds, because I was cleaning all my other guns and felt bad for it. There’s a reason my SHTF gun is a USP 45.
    Back when all I had was mostly second and third gen glocks, I would have only believed glocks could run a torture test successfully. Then I tried an xd. Despite the memes and politics behind them, these guns have shown me I can always trust them.

Glock is no longer the king. They were up into the third gen series, but after that the industry expanded on what Glock chose not to. On top of that, Glock started building guns domestically. We have seen with sig for example, the qc issues that happened. IMO Glock is no longer the heavy hitter. Glock was the mike Tyson of its time and that time is come and gone. They haven’t been innovative enough when other companies have been.

When someone produces something, it’s going to get ripped off and something better will eventually come along. Several have.

I still wanna try a model 29 for carry. I still enjoy Glock. I just no longer think the sun shines out of their ass.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    You just want to be able to tell someone to make your day.
    Lol I don’t have much experience with 10mm. But on paper the 29 makes sense. It looks like reasonable loads can still give great energy for a carry gun.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Oh I would love it if Turkey was kicked out of NATO (or we kicked ourselves out), and we cut off all ties to them. That's not going to happen any time soon, tho. Turkey is a supplier of arms and munitions to other NATO countries.

Very true, but a nice trigger can be a lot of fun.

Being a nato member doesn't guarantee access to US markets, look at Germany and H&K

Yes, a nice trigger can be fun, but if I'm looking at a fun gun, theres a long list id rather have. When you can get a used glock or M&P for about $300, a star 9mm for what, like $200, and even a used USP can be had for about $500, its hard to see what exactly the caniks offer over other
    So you don't own or use a Canik?

No. Have held a lot and have shot more than a few.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Yes, a nice trigger can be fun, but if I'm looking at a fun gun, theres a long list id rather have. When you can get a used glock or M&P for about $300, a star 9mm for what, like $200, and even a used USP can be had for about $500, its hard to see what exactly the caniks offer over other
    A Glock or M&P is considered a "fun gun"? What's so special about either of them and where does the Canik fall short in comparison?

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    A Glock or M&P is considered a "fun gun"? What's so special about either of them and where does the Canik fall short in comparison?
    I think the fun part is when you buy them for $300 - $400 and then spend another $450 to make them half decent

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    When it comes to the plastic and fantastic guns, I like the Glock. But, most of mine are Gen 2s with a Gen 3 here and there. They work and work and work.... That said, there is no pride of ownership in these guns. Nothing like a classic Smith & Wesson or Colt revolver or a fine 1911.

We have a running joke at my buddy's range when someone brings in a new Glock.
    "Hey, I just traded for another Glock, wanna see it?"
    "Nah, already seen it."

Top Bottom