• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    Will need volunteers to load the mags that belong to each gun. Can’t contaminate the experiment with other people’s mags. What works in your gun may not be reliable in mine.

Maybe have a bucket of water for cool down, especially if this is done this summer. And of course some oil for after dunking the guns.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Will need volunteers to load the mags that belong to each gun. Can’t contaminate the experiment with other people’s mags. What works in your gun may not be reliable in mine.

Maybe have a bucket of water for cool down, especially if this is done this summer. And of course some oil for after dunking the guns.
    I disagree. Other mags should be used. Others oem mags that is. If a gun can’t handle random oem mags, the brand sucks. Yeah I’m talking about you cz!!!

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    I've yet to have that issue. I tend to keep my pistols stock though. The only upgrade I'd ever really see the need to do would be a new trigger but I've just learned to adjust to the stock ones instead. It helps that I actually like the M&P hinged triggers.

Edit: OK and maybe having a slide milled if I chose to go with a RDS but that'd be a preference versus buying an optics ready pistol.
    I'm just being a smart ass. I also tend to keep pistols stock. For several reasons. Some to negate legal issues if I were to use it in self defense, some personal. I kind of enjoy them as they were designed. I have however modified my Tavor SAR quite a bit. That's my experiment into aftermarket for firearms, I suppose.

I don't personally like or dislike m&p or Glock. My hand doesn't really work well with Glocks. I have to adjust my grip to mag releases and such. I don't love the feel of m&p guns. I think they're both good reliable guns though. I would just as easily trust my life and expect the same reliability out of my PPQ though, and I enjoy shooting that, and it works with my hand. Its also great stock, with the exception of maybe tossing on some night sights.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    I disagree. Other mags should be used. Others oem mags that is. If a gun can’t handle random oem mags, the brand sucks. Yeah I’m talking about you cz!!!

You have a good point. However, what if a bad mag accidentally or not makes into the mix. For instance with bad lips from being stepped on when dropped.

If other mags are used, they need to be tested first on site with a “control” gun or the actual test gun.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    It has around 6k rounds down the tube at this point. The TP9SF. The elite only has about 2500 down the tube. Barrels both still look good. Everyone else lets me shoot their stuff they're more than welcome to shoot mine.

The M and P trigger is awful and I personally do not like the M and P line of pistols. The Star BM I own one. You can get it for 200, and you're going to spend either 40 man hours cleaning it up and making it functional or do what I did and pay a gun smith 300 dollars to clean it up and reblue it. The Star is NOT reliable (in my testing) I've only got about 400 rounds through it but I've had 3 failures. 2 Were stove pipes that may have been my fault, the third was a failure to go into battery that was absolutely the firearm.

Whenever one of you folks offers to be the trusted 3rd party in the deal. That being said I'm always happy to throw down a few thousand rounds and we can just do it for fun since Robert has gone AWOL since I offered to buy the ammo! Stock versus Stock, mine has no modifications. Glock 19 or 17 (although the 17 is more comparable to the TP9SF and the 19 to the TP9SF elite.) I'm sure one of you guys has a glock sitting around and we can do it for fun!
    Can always shoot it against my Gen 3 G19 if Robert won't show. Bone stock other than being hydrodipped so it should be a fair comparison.

Sent from one of those newfangled pocket computers using Tapatalk

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    To draw a conclusion on the reliability of two different models of guns, based on a test with two guns is completely pointless. I design and perform tests for a living. The standard deviation with a sample of one is infinite, so is the uncertainty of the test hence your reliability of the results are exactly zero.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    But since we're being snide, and making assumptions, sorry you are too wrapped up in some vague concept of "owning X makes you better" instead of shooting and training, which actually does make you better.

What you own doesn't matter if your 7yd target looks like 00 buck at 50 yards

Let's see some of your targets then Mr. Keyboard Tacticool Warrior. Mighty big boast claiming nobody else trains. I've been to the range 9 times just in July and number 10 is Saturday.

Here's 12 rounds with a Canik TP9SFX at 20 yards from last Sunday.
    ef8eb96d9b5c038625a12cec33cc76f4.jpg

Sent from one of those newfangled pocket computers using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ef8eb96d9b5c038625a12cec33cc76f4.jpg
      ef8eb96d9b5c038625a12cec33cc76f4.jpg
      53.2 KB · Views: 430

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    To draw a conclusion on the reliability of two different models of guns, based on a test with two guns is completely pointless. I design and perform tests for a living. The standard deviation with a sample of one is infinite, so is the uncertainty of the test hence your reliability of the results are exactly zero.
    Woah...just slow down. You need to let us hillbilly scientists have our moment.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.

This isn’t a real scientific experiment.
    This is for Who gets to talk shit.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The whole thing is going to be subjective. It all depends on what the individuals like.

Should be entertaining ;)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom