• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Tony2m

100% CORRECT. - It hurts even more to know that a family member that you/everyone trusted was a thief.
    (Incidentally, one of the quilts was my G-G-G-GM's wedding quilt. = When PVT Enos L. Carpenter wrote home that "It is bitter cold now at night & I have no warm thing to wrap up in.", his GM sent her wedding quilt for him to sleep in & which became his shroud . - He literally died in the dooryard of his father's home in Marshall County, MS.)

In addition to being a historic relic that a museum would have wanted to borrow for display, it was the only thing that still existed in 1961 that had been her property.
    (She died in a Comanche raid in 1867, shortly after my mother's side of the family fled from Mississippi to Texas to escape the fury of the vengeful damnyankees..)

yours, satx
    Hurley's Gold

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    There's a difference. Raw meat is referred to as raw pack. Cooked meat, hot pack. The canned raw meat is pressured canned for 90mins. Higher then boiling. Around 240.

The raw pack meat has to be cooked after opening. Recommend boiling temp for 15-20mins. Before you can even taste it.
    Pressure canning it for 90min definitely cooks it. You can eat it right out of the jar.

I've canned a lot of chili and stew. Cook it about halfway done, and let the canning process cook it the rest of the way. Canned foods can come out a little bland after sitting on the shelf, so you just add a pinch more seasoning than you normally would.

Top Bottom