• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    My next purchase is either gonna be Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm, Henery Golden Boy .22lr, or a Taurus Judge. I've narrowed down to these three just can't figure out which one I want the most.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I think if you know somebody that has a Marlin .22 lever action that you can shoot, you will like the worksmanship, the material its made of, and its takedown cleaning simplicity hands down over the yellow boy.

The Marlin is quality with a capital Q, but may be more expensive. I have owned two and still have one. A neighbor brought me a Henry with accuracy problems to shoot, I was not impressed....

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    I have shot the marlin and its great but havenot seen one in stock around here for awhile plus the look of the Golden Boy is a big factor.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    If you don't have a lever .22 (everyone needs one) then go for it. It's not a lot of money and will give you a lot of plinking fun for many years.

And nothing wrong with the M&P 9mm, if that is you fancy. Read up on the Judge. The concept is great but I've read of reports about the barrel coming off.

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    FWIW I would support the Henry 22 lever action. I love my S&W M&P in 45 ACP (not a big fan of the 9mm not criticizing those who like it, just not a round I have much faith in) and have also read of problems with the Judge (concept is awesome, QC is the issue).

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I would narrow my list down to the M&P or the Henry, Taurus is a good brand. The judge is the problem, aside from killing snakes the 410 is almost worthless on a BG. and 45 LC is hard to find more so in modern PPHP rounds. IMHO

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Well I bought the Golden Boy and even tried it out and shot a few turtles and 1 snake. Love the gun needs to get it on some paper and zero the sights in.

Top Bottom