• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Iron-E

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2017
    Canada
    Hello everyone! My name is Aiden, I'm a current resident of Canada looking to move to Texas within the next few years or so. I decided it was best to learn as much as I can about the laws, economy, etiquette, etc, of Texas. So I have a few questions:

1. Is there any source that simplifies ALL Texas Gun Laws? I've searched through quite a bit already but I just want to ensure I don't miss anything.

2. Do I need to be a U.S. Citizen to own any specific item relating to firearms? I wish to enjoy firearm rights to the full extent but it takes years to become a citizen. I am aware of permits such as NH Pistol permit, but would there be any restrictions against me owning Class III items?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    Capitol Armory ad

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Bring as many SVT40s as you can if they are still reasonably priced in Canada. The going price here is around $1000 each. You could make a fortune if you could get them through??

Welcome!!

bob

Iron-E

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2017
    Canada
    Bring as many SVT40s as you can if they are still reasonably priced in Canada. The going price here is around $1000 each. You could make a fortune if you could get them through??

Welcome!!

bob
    Their prices are still great at about $300-400 but they are Out of Stock everywhere. I'll see what I can do XD

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    2. Do I need to be a U.S. Citizen to own any specific item relating to firearms? I wish to enjoy firearm rights to the full extent but it takes years to become a citizen. I am aware of permits such as NH Pistol permit, but would there be any restrictions against me owning Class III items?

Sorry, forgot to answer your second question. As a legal Texas resident you can get a LTC and purchase firearms (one of my Canadian friend who was stationed here even got a Texas drivers license!) but I am not 100% sure of the process.

As for Class III items, I am not exactly sure but I do believe as a legal resident alien you could purchase one; but I'll let the legal experts on here answer that one...

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    IIRC, to be able to purchase you will need you ID with current adress, your INS card and 90 days proof of residence. You may also need a valid hunting license. Class three, that I have no clue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Iron-E

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2017
    Canada
    Sorry, forgot to answer your second question. As a legal Texas resident you can get a LTC and purchase firearms (one of my Canadian friend who was stationed here even got a Texas drivers license!) but I am not 100% sure of the process.

As for Class III items, I am not exactly sure but I do believe as a legal resident alien you could purchase one; but I'll let the legal experts on here answer that one...
    IIRC, to be able to purchase you will need you ID with current adress, your INS card and 90 days proof of residence. You may also need a valid hunting license. Class three, that I have no clue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the responses gentlemen!

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Welcome! In addition to the Texas gun laws mentioned above I would recommend Texas Gun Law Armed and Educated, costs a bit more but it will put it more in layman's terms.

Top Bottom