• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    I got this from another forum. Guy said he was at Lowes at 610 N and Ella. Happened yesterday afternoon. He heard some gunshots.

I haven't seen anything in the news about it.

p0001.jpg

p0002.jpg

p0003.jpg

p0004.jpg
    Military Camp

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Ahh... just replace the windshield and you're good to go. What's Safelite's number?
    --
    Vett bodies are still made out of fiberglass, right? (No rust to worry about). Besides, it'll make for an interesting 'conversation starter' for your next hot date: "So there I was... surrounded by the south side mafia...."

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Think he meant the Vett wasn't from Texas since it didn't have the required front plates.
    --
    However, that's probably not true either. A lot of Texas Vett owners don't put a tag on the front since their perception is that it messes up the visual aesthetics. (And I guess, they're willing to pay for that decision if required to do so).

It'd be interesting to know what percentage of Corvettes don't have front tags in Texas.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Could be Texas Vett. Imported image to both Picasa 3 and PainNet. Zoomed in on inspection sticker. Other than Texas shape and coloring on the sticker couldn't read anything on the sticker its-self. But it does resemble a Texas registration.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Think he meant the Vett wasn't from Texas since it didn't have the required front plates.
    --
    However, that's probably not true either. A lot of Texas Vett owners don't put a tag on the front since their perception is that it messes up the visual aesthetics. (And I guess, they're willing to pay for that decision if required to do so).

It'd be interesting to know what percentage of Corvettes don't have front tags in Texas.

Dealers and manufacturers are only issued one plate. I haven't had a front plate or a registration sticker in years.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I worked with a Jewish guy who went through his "mid-life" crisis and bought a brand new red Corvette. I only mention he was Jewish because that's an integral part of the story (and stereotype). My gosh.... he search the country over to find the best price on the model he wanted. I think it still cost him $65K at the time.

He flew from Dallas to Atlanta to take possession of his new Vett and drove it back home to Dallas. He "baby'd" that thing for two months or more. Drove it to work a couple of times and parked it in a far corner of the parking lot away from everything. And of course, we all went out to ogle over it and ewww & ahhh over it! (And, I have to admit...it was a pretty awesome vehicle). Not a spec of dust on it anywhere!

After a couple of months, his wife had started dropping hints, she wanted to drive it sometime. According to him, hints like, "no more play time for you" until I get to drive it. He figured he could handle that. He said it wasn't until she threatened to stop cooking, that "things got serious"!

So he caved. First time she drove it, she got rear-ended at a stop light.

True story!
    --
    Oh(!).... I almost forgot. The reason I thought of that story. He refused to put front tags on his Vett.

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    A senior citizen drove his brand new Corvette convertible out of the dealership. Taking off down the road, he floored it to 80 mph, enjoying the wind blowing through what little gray hair he had left. Amazing, he thought as he flew down I-94, pushing the pedal even more.

Looking in his rear view mirror, he saw a state trooper behind him, lights flashing and siren blaring. He floored it to 100 mph, then 110, then 120. Suddenly he thought, What am I doing? I'm too old for this, and pulled over to await the trooper's arrival.

Pulling in behind him, the trooper walked up to the Corvette, looked at his watch, and said, "Sir, my shift ends in 30 minutes. Today is Friday. If you can give me a reason for speeding that I've never heard before, I'll let you go."

The old gentleman paused. Then he said, "Years ago, my wife ran off with a state trooper. I thought you were bringing her back."

"Have a good day, sir," replied the trooper.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I left off the front plate on a lot of my cars for about 20 years. Mustang, Firebird, GTO, G8, Camaro, probably more. Got pulled over I think three times? Never ticketed though, and one of those the deputy just sat and talked cars for 20 minutes. Since this Charger already had the bumper drilled and bracket mounted (damnit!) I went ahead and put the plate on.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    You guys do raise some interesting "contemplations" about the issue. Like for instance, how far off the vertical could a plate be mounted, before it wouldn't be acceptable? I suspect there may be rules that apply, but... guess you couldn't just pull one out from under your seat and throw it up on the dashboard / under the windshield?

I've seen a few trucks with the regular LP installed on the front and then a funny/humorous one, right below it. I'm guessing there's no law against that (as long as you're not obscuring the state plate). (??)

Top Bottom