• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    My wife and I decided to make our kids pay their own insurance to learn the cost of "life." Its on our policy, but our agent gives us the amount for each car. They get little jobs to cover the amounts due, but more importantly they learn that it cost money to live, and have gained an appreciation for what it takes to earn it. It was a good decision. And the look on their face when they hand over the money for insurance each month is priceless. One of my better parenting decisions. In a couple of instances I suspended that rule briefly. But those times were the exception.

An unexpected side effect of that has been that my kids are extremely hard workers, and have been promoted above their peers, even at a young age.

Ohhhh.....they were given until February 1st. Then it is their responsibility or the car and them get cancelled off of the policy. I wont hesitate to park the car(s) until they can figure it out.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Germania cost me half of what usaa was asking. If I didn't have the two girls the insurance for me and the wife on two cars full coverage would be about $75 a month.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I pay ~$127/mo. with Progressive. 23 yrs old. 2014 Jetta TDI.

This was the cheapest insurance I found by far, with most other companies quoting me $75+ extra a month.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    The fact that the truck is a 1ton usually amkes it a bit higher. But the $65 a mnth is still abit much for just liability. The $145 is not bad but could be better. How is your driving record? Is it just basic Comp and Col or did they add rental and towing or any extras?

Looks like the perfect time for you to open your own agency

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I used to pay about $120/mo for 4 cars with Progressive. Was a customer of theirs for 10 years... then they decided I needed to bent over and reamed. When I bought the new truck, rates went up $400/mo! I switched to USAA. They are a little more expensive on the older cars, but WAY cheaper on the new. Unfortunately USAA uses Progressive for their bike insurance so I haven't gotten entirely away from them.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I just checked Elephant and they are only $6/mo cheaper than USAA for me... Think I'll stick with USAA for now, but will keep them in mind for the future if USAA jacks with their rates.

Trueno

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    Golden Triangle
    The fact that the truck is a 1ton usually amkes it a bit higher. But the $65 a mnth is still abit much for just liability. The $145 is not bad but could be better. How is your driving record? Is it just basic Comp and Col or did they add rental and towing or any extras?

Called a couple of companies for quotes today, turned out great. Allstate came in as the winner, Full Coverage with uninsured motorist and roadside assistance and rental and towing etc etc etc came to $67 a month.

As mentioned earlier, gonna retire the F350 and use it to pull stumps or whatever fun and games arise. Headed to the Allstate office tomorrow to pay my 1st pmt. Should probably look into 6mo or 12mo pmts huh?

t

Trueno

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    Golden Triangle
    exp6652sm_zpsa00cf69c.jpg

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    We get hammered in Texas because of (1) Uninsured Motorists (2) Vehicle Theft (3) Bad Drivers (4) Storm Damages.

If we got rid of all the illegals here, we would reduce (1), (2), and (3) almost immediately.

I'll take my chances with (4).

Top Bottom