• ...and so much more!
  • Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels
    Just curious, but has anyone ever read the fine print on what the insurance companies are doing with the "safe driver" data they are collecting on you (and who they are sharing it with/selling it to)??

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I didn't like being called by a manager to explain driving actions which had taken place several weeks and thousands of miles ago. The baby sitting device would record braking, acceleration and lateral movements but didn't show the actions of other drivers that made the accident avoidance maneuver necessary. I often found myself having to explain why I didn't back into a parking space in a parking lot.

Last edited:

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Damn insurance for the car went up 44% for 6 months, no tickets no accidents, only drive about 5,000 a year. And that's with a home owners insurance from the same company Allstate. Time to shop around.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Damn insurance for the car went up 44% for 6 months, no tickets no accidents, only drive about 5,000 a year. And that's with a home owners insurance from the same company Allstate. Time to shop around.
    State Farm made a similar increase on me years ago. I now have USAA. I expect the will do the same at some point.
    Some businesses think they can raise rates for renewals and their customers will accept it instead of making a change.
    Years ago the cable company decided to raise my rate while offering much lower prices to new customers. I no longer have cable. Gun Club raised my membership a few years ago. I no longer pay their renewal and found another range.
    I may not always save money when changing services to avoid increases, but there is usually a competitor waiting to take the money.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    State Farm made a similar increase on me years ago. I now have USAA. I expect the will do the same at some point.
    Some businesses think they can raise rates for renewals and their customers will accept it instead of making a change.
    Years ago the cable company decided to raise my rate while offering much lower prices to new customers. I no longer have cable. Gun Club raised my membership a few years ago. I no longer pay their renewal and found another range.
    I may not always save money when changing services to avoid increases, but there is usually a competitor waiting to take the money.
    Yes Dish raised the rate this month also. Social Security raise next month won't cover all the increases we have to absorb. We drive less but TV is a must. Had to downsize the TV package, next increase on the TV I'm cutting the cord. Shopping now for car insurance. Homeowners insurance will be next.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    By calling the price went down, they did a new policy price and it was less. Now we are getting a quote for a monthly fee plus a mileage fee. The car sits in the garage most of the week, grocery store and church.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    By calling the price went down, they did a new policy price and it was less. Now we are getting a quote for a monthly fee plus a mileage fee. The car sits in the garage most of the week, grocery store and church.
    State Farm would increase the price on my auto insurance at renewal time. After calling the agent she would reduce the price. at the next renewal the price increase would be added again. I ended the game by moving my home owner and 4 vehicles to another company. This was followed by several family members also changing companies. We had done business with this agent for over 40 years, but the last increase was one time too many.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    State Farm would increase the price on my auto insurance at renewal time. After calling the agent she would reduce the price. at the next renewal the price increase would be added again. I ended the game by moving my home owner and 4 vehicles to another company. This was followed by several family members also changing companies. We had done business with this agent for over 40 years, but the last increase was one time too many.
    Your agent was banking on the fact that you probably wouldn’t leave after so long because “relationship”.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Your agent was banking on the fact that you probably wouldn’t leave after so long because “relationship”.
    That mistake resulted in the loss of several policies. When State Farm made an increase in rates, it we complained she would get reductions. For her losing a several customers was important, for State Farm an agent losing several customers didn't matter.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    So the mileage price worked out to $10 a month saving, then my wife would worry about miles. So we took the new policy, kept Allstate.

OldPhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    Try going directly online. An Allstate agent quoted me 1,400 for a 6 month policy; 2 vehicles full coverage.
    Went direct the the Allstate website and got the same policy for 1,050. I suspect the difference is the commission and agents have the ability to negotiate down to a certain point. Agents really don't do much for clients anymore anyway other than collect your money. The last 2 times I had something happen, the agent said "call this number or link at the website". They don't want to assist you anymore.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom