• ...and so much more!
  • Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Mine went up $74 for the six month premium. Three cars, only one with full coverage. I called them about it and was told due to the rising cost of repairs. I tweeked the deductible and lowered the coverage amt on the full coverage car, and now I’m just a few bucks less than I was before the premium increase.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I went the mileage route with ours, as we don't drive much.
    Ya, I forgot to mention that. If driving habits have changed any, it will decrease the premium. We informed the insurance company one or two renewals ago that with both of us WFH part time and with wife’s new job, her driving went from 25k miles per year on her daily commute to only about 4k miles. Me, I’ve cut mine from about 8k miles per year to about 5k miles per year

Greenzilla80

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2022
    Hutto
    Against better judgment, I went ahead and tried out the insurance mobile app that tracks me as I drive. I'll be damned - it's saying I'm an excellent driver and has already dropped my insurance by $460.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Not in my case. I just called the insurance and let them know of the mileage change. They can tell when you do the inspection if you are holding to the stated miles or not

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    For most standard lines carriers in Texas the TDI authorized the largest increase in 30 years, for policies renewing in 2022. Average increase for Homeowners is 24%. for Personal Auto 20%. Now just because it was authorized does not mean the carriers have to take it. RIGHT. But I understand the Big Four all did. Shop around, some of the smaller carriers will use this as an opportunity to grab market share.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Pretty much all insurers are raising premiums. Parts hit by inflation, double whammy on labor increases (at the carrier and at the shop). Overall fewer miles being driven results in less proficient drivers results in more accidents results in more claims.

By law, insurers have to maintain a certain level of cash reserves to pay for losses and the actuarial tables are having to be rewritten to account for the last two years.

Outrider

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 28, 2022
    Elmo, Texas
    My insurance went from $89 a month to $111. Full coverage on a 2020 Rebel, 2019 Kioti CK-3510 Tractor and a 2019 Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS.
    No trackers for me even if it went up more.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Another reason I won't be buying a new vehicle.
    Mine went down a few months ago.

A new vehicle may or may not impact insurance. Back in 2019 I bought a new SUV to replace a 5yo car and insurance went down though the SUV was worth 4x the car. Last fall, I replaced a 6yo SUV with a car and insurance jumped. I suspect the latest vehicle jump was caused due to all the crash avoidance sensors and lane departure features. I've heard those windshields are very expensive to replace and must be "programmed" plus any minor accident isn't just damaging a bumper.

Top Bottom