• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shuutr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    austin
    Heads up for the few of us who own these pistols.

"Caracal International LLC previously instituted a recall of Caracal Model C pistols on March 28, 2013 for batchnumbers from SC188- to SC222.

Caracal is now issuing this recall of allModel C pistolsin all markets, following the completion of a full investigation. Caracal is initiating this voluntary recall of Model C pistols because the safety of its customers is paramount.

This recall affects all Model C pistols, including but not limited to those with serial numbers which start with the following letters: HM, AA, AD, AG, CA, CB, CC, CD, CE, CF, CG, CH, CI, CJ, CK, CL, CM, CN, CP, CR and CS.

If you own or have access to a Caracal Model C pistol, PLEASE DO NOT LOAD OR FIRE YOUR PISTOL. Please contact Caracal customer care immediately to arrange to have your Model C pistol returned. Caracal will provide you with a full refundof the purchase price of yourCaracal Model C pistolor vouchers for otherCaracal products. Unfortunately, the potential safety issues cannot be addressed through a repair of the Model C pistol and all Model C pistol’s must be returned for refund."

A least you get a refund. And they have a new lineup on their website. 3 polymer models and two other new pistols.

I may wait a while this time around.

T-FAST

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Hmm, that's gonna hurt the company. Replacement is one thing, but issuing a refund makes me think they have no confident in their product.

Kennydale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    I think I would avoid them BIG TIME. This tells me they have no QUALITY control in their manufacturing, or their R&D just is non existent. I personally do not like dealing with third world countries in some items. It's bad enough 95% of Wal-Mart is from the Chicoms. I am even uneasy about Springfield, because they manufacture in Croatia. Bersa & Taurus from South America, I tend not to even show an interest.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    ................. & Taurus from South America, I tend not to even show an interest.

Kinda true, Taurus is made in metro Miami, FL area. Some would agree with you about that being a South American 3rd world country, but politically I think they are still a part of the US. They started making a lot of guns there that they had importation issues due to their features (or lack of).

Now simple question for the group, how many of you have (or had) a Caracal????? I did not think they got that popular among enthusiasts.

Shuutr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    austin
    I do (did). And I liked it a lot. For me it was better than the compacts S&W9c, SR9c, G19 I own or have owned. Trigger, ergos, my accuracy, and ease of cleaning were all better with the caracal c.

I'll likely buy another caracal a few years down the road.

Top Bottom