Join TexasGunTalk

Caracal C Recall update

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Shuutr, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Shuutr

Shuutr Active Member

May 29, 2012
    austin
    Heads up for the few of us who own these pistols.

"Caracal International LLC previously instituted a recall of Caracal Model C pistols on March 28, 2013 for batchnumbers from SC188- to SC222.

Caracal is now issuing this recall of allModel C pistolsin all markets, following the completion of a full investigation. Caracal is initiating this voluntary recall of Model C pistols because the safety of its customers is paramount.

This recall affects all Model C pistols, including but not limited to those with serial numbers which start with the following letters: HM, AA, AD, AG, CA, CB, CC, CD, CE, CF, CG, CH, CI, CJ, CK, CL, CM, CN, CP, CR and CS.

If you own or have access to a Caracal Model C pistol, PLEASE DO NOT LOAD OR FIRE YOUR PISTOL. Please contact Caracal customer care immediately to arrange to have your Model C pistol returned. Caracal will provide you with a full refundof the purchase price of yourCaracal Model C pistolor vouchers for otherCaracal products. Unfortunately, the potential safety issues cannot be addressed through a repair of the Model C pistol and all Model C pistol’s must be returned for refund."

A least you get a refund. And they have a new lineup on their website. 3 polymer models and two other new pistols.

I may wait a while this time around.

2. Kennydale

Kennydale Active Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    Considering the company is from U.A.E on the Arabian Penninsula I guess if their firearm blows up in your face, it might be perceived as a terrorist plot.

3. T-FAST

T-FAST Well-Known

Mar 9, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Hmm, that's gonna hurt the company. Replacement is one thing, but issuing a refund makes me think they have no confident in their product.

4. Shuutr

Shuutr Active Member

May 29, 2012
    austin
    They can't replace because they are replacing the lineup.

5. Kennydale

Kennydale Active Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    I think I would avoid them BIG TIME. This tells me they have no QUALITY control in their manufacturing, or their R&D just is non existent. I personally do not like dealing with third world countries in some items. It's bad enough 95% of Wal-Mart is from the Chicoms. I am even uneasy about Springfield, because they manufacture in Croatia. Bersa & Taurus from South America, I tend not to even show an interest.

6. Acera

Acera TGT Addict

Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Kinda true, Taurus is made in metro Miami, FL area. Some would agree with you about that being a South American 3rd world country, but politically I think they are still a part of the US. They started making a lot of guns there that they had importation issues due to their features (or lack of).

Now simple question for the group, how many of you have (or had) a Caracal????? I did not think they got that popular among enthusiasts.

7. Shuutr

Shuutr Active Member

May 29, 2012
    austin
    I do (did). And I liked it a lot. For me it was better than the compacts S&W9c, SR9c, G19 I own or have owned. Trigger, ergos, my accuracy, and ease of cleaning were all better with the caracal c.

I'll likely buy another caracal a few years down the road.