• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...against-humanity-trump-border-wall/865187001/

On Tuesday, visitors to the game's newly created website (cardsagainsthumanitysavesamerica.com) were greeted with the news that its creators were attempting to block Trump's plans to build a wall along the U.S. and Mexico border by buying a piece of land in the vicinity.

"Donald Trump is a preposterous golem who is afraid of Mexicans. He is so afraid he wants to build a twenty-billion dollar wall that everyone knows will accomplish nothing. So we've purchased a plot of vacant land on the border and retained a law firm specializing in eminent domain to make it as time-consuming and expensive as possible for that wall to get built," the website says.
    Target Sports

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Expensive for who, again? I swear, Liberals believe that gov't money just appears out of thin air.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    It's an idle threat, not much the lawyers can do. Trying to block a planned project by the gov't by buying property pretty much means you'll lose some of your land at no more then what you paid for it. Many have tried and failed to make a profit off such things.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    From article: "So we've purchased a plot of vacant land on the border and retained a law firm specializing in eminent domain to make it as time-consuming and expensive as possible for that wall to get built," the website says.

I'm no lawyer, but I would think that stating this in public would hurt their case(s) over eminent domain...

it denmonstrates conspiracy, obstructionism, greed (more expensive for gov't means more money in their pocket), and could be used to ensure they don't make a dime.

ETA: better formatting on quote- not AustinN4's words

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Off Topic Warning
    Many have tried and failed to make a profit off such things.
    Well, yeah, except County Commissioners who know where the freeway is going to cut through the countryside at least a decade before almost anybody, buy everything in the area, and then act surprised that the freeway needs to cut through their property and they just happened to make a pile of money off the transaction.

Wait, that's overstated. Most of them are smart enough to buy the land, steer the construction their way, then sell out long before construction starts so that they remove themselves one step from profiting off their political positions.

Not that I'd have any first-hand knowledge, mind you. I'm just sayin'. :)

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Off Topic Warning
    Well, yeah, except County Commissioners who know where the freeway is going to cut through the countryside at least a decade before almost anybody, buy everything in the area, and then act surprised that the freeway needs to cut through their property and they just happened to make a pile of money off the transaction.

Wait, that's overstated. Most of them are smart enough to buy the land, steer the construction their way, then sell out long before construction starts so that they remove themselves one step from profiting off their political positions.

Not that I'd have any first-hand knowledge, mind you. I'm just sayin'. :)
    But who doesn't know about the wall construction? Maybe a cave dweller.

Noggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2016
    Just build the wall on the northern side of the property.

I was about to say just the same thing Just wall off their property so that it becomes a de facto part of Mexico.

This reminds me of where I used to live in UK. Where the county line between Hertfordshire & Essex followed the property line of our estate turning an area of what should have been in the latter county into part of the former one.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Lots of Texans will lose a shit load of riverfront property because of the wall.
    I still think we should build it south of the Rio Grande.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Meanwhile, in CA, this wall was built decades ago.

border-fence-reuters-fred-greaves.jpg

Wealthy libs want their wall.
    They just don't want anyone else to have one...because Trump and you're a racist.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Am I bad that I hope they blow piles of some idiot liberals money only to that the fed gov use eminent domain to plow the wall right through their land driving its value into the dirt??

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Am I bad that I hope they blow piles of some idiot liberals money only to that the fed gov use eminent domain to plow the wall right through their land driving its value into the dirt??
    It's land on the border. Its value is already darned close to zero. When asking price is $200/acre? It's perfect for your end of year gimmick (which Cards Against Humanity does every year).

Top Bottom