• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I would probably go with the lighter grain for expansion, but I'm very sure both would hurt if shot.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I am going to need to buy some new carry ammo soon and wanted some opinions on what to buy. I have used hydra-shoks in my pistols for years but I feel it might be time for a change. My first choice is to try Hornady Critical Duty because it is fairly affordable and I have seen it everywhere...

If Hydra-Shoks are working, why change them?

I still use them, as I know they will work in my pistols.

roberthleeii

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2016
    Well I decided to order the 147. I have run a box of it through my main carry gun a few months back and know it runs.

Thank you all for your input.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Buy the cheapest hollow point that feeds reliably in your pistol.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

9uc

Bible/Gun carrying Christian Conservative
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2015
    Humble, TX
    For my Bersa Thunder 380s, I started with Speer Gold Dot JHPs for my SD mags, but due to influence and reviews from the earlier days of Bersa Chat, I moved on to Cor-bon JHPs. It will be a ways out as I keep plenty in my at home stock, but I have heard some good review on the FP Hydro Shok for the 380 and may give it a try eventually. To be honest, I can't really tell the difference so I depending upon reading ballistics test and results from other shooters that have the know how on testing. In my 9mms, I have used a bunch of 124 JHPs for target that I got on a special sale at a price cheaper than FMJs, but I have used nothing but Federal Premiums HST 147+P JHP rounds since I did the break it several years ago. There are several major brands of 124 through the 147+P JHP rounds that I would have no qualms about using based upon the experiences of other shooters.

Top Bottom