• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nightfighter4d

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Lampasas
    Nylon, good nylon belts such as Wilderness Tactical have their uses. I don't wear one as a fashion statement, I wear one because it works great in the summer when it'll be covered anyway.

If you ever have the chance to wear a true gun belt, you'll see what all the fuss is about. And they'll do it for years and years. Of course, depending on how heavy your carry is, it may not be as much of a difference.

You know JK the reason I object to the Nylon belt and mall ninja look is because it screams that you are carrying. I have worn a ton. I am just trying to promote the grey man aproach to CC. I also object to the whole vest or, man purse look as it is way too tactical. If I have offended you well get over it.

I wear nylon on my land and at range but not out. As to your assertion that in the summer no one will see. I do not have the luxury of dressing down in the heat.
    Gun Zone Deals

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    You know JK the reason I object to the Nylon belt and mall ninja look is because it screams that you are carrying.
    I wear nylon on my land and at range but not out. As to your assertion that in the summer no one will see. I do not have the luxury of dressing down in the heat.

You said "Shit can the nylon stuff except for the range." Well, for those of us who are fortunate enough to be able to wear casual clothes from time to time, the nylon belt is typically fully covered, so the argument that it "screams that you are carrying" is null and void. Your personal limitations don't apply to everyone.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    You know JK the reason I object to the Nylon belt and mall ninja look is because it screams that you are carrying. I have worn a ton. I am just trying to promote the grey man aproach to CC. I also object to the whole vest or, man purse look as it is way too tactical. If I have offended you well get over it.

I wasn't offended, as a matter of fact I simply offered an opinion regarding your comment about nylon being "mall ninja" asserting it did not have a place in anyone's wardrobe. That's not gray man, that's short sighted. I wear everything from dress and casual belts from the likes of Gary Brommeland, Tony's crew at Milt Sparks, Jim and the girls (have I mentioned lately that they are hot?) at The Beltman and even a Wilderness Instructors belt. There's nothing like casual shorts and having unlimited belt adjustment and solid holster support covered by a casual shirt or t-shirt to compliment the flip flops in the summer. :p That might not work for you; it works great for me and I know if works for others. I'd much rather get that belt wet out on the boat than one of my leather belts.

Your opinion, as well as everyone else's help people by hearing different scenarios and what works for some and not for others.

I just don't get all the [ok, i'll edit this part] attitudes of some of the new members...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom