• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    What conceal carry belts do yall recommend? I have been using my US Army issue BDU belt (Nylon) for a couple years now. I have never used a nice thick leather belt.
    Target Sports

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    Galco COP belt

gal-csb7.jpg

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas

For short waits and a great value, +1 for Jim and the girls at The Beltman.

Also look at Wilderness Tactical Instructors belts, although they may be similar to what you already have.

You won't find a good leather gun belt on any store shelf. Look to the good, custom leather makers as they use the right leather and more important, the right construction. Some even go as far as cutting them with the curve so they are comfortable form day 1. I have 2 from The Beltman and one from Gary Broomeland and 1 Wildeness for casual wear and I had one from Milt Sparks. The Sparks belt I sold because it was a little too big, but I had gotten a sweet deal on it then sold it for 2x what I paid!

A good belt makes all the difference!

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    For short waits and a great value, +1 for Jim and the girls at The Beltman.

Based on what I've read in other posts here on TGT, I ordered a Beltman belt last week. This will be my first *real* gun belt, and I hope to be very satisfied with it. ;)

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I just bought a Wilderness instructor belt from a member here, it might kinda look like an ACU belt, but thats it, this thing rocks...... highly recomend you check them out.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I've used a Wilderness instuctors belt for years. Need a new one as I've put on a few inches. I also bought a belt from Tucker that matches my holster & mag carrier.

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    I have a Comp-Tac leather belt with Kydex stitched inside for a great firm feel and support. Not too dressy, but not too casual either. I love it so far!

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I just bought a Wilderness instructor belt from a member here, it might kinda look like an ACU belt, but thats it, this thing rocks...... highly recomend you check them out.
    I just checked them out. They do kind of look like a BDU/DCU/ACU issue belt, but they look thicker!! I am going that way.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    The one I have is the polymer lined C.S.M. Great belt, I believe it is an additional $10, but worth it...

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Wilderness belts cant be beat. I use both the CSM and 5 stitch variety and they both work well. I rarely get all dressy, so the Wilderness works 99% of the time. For that 1% I have a 511 reinforced leather one that I sometimes wear.

Moezilla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2008
    Allen
    +1 for the Beltman belts, worth every penny. I was using a 5.11 tactical belt while waiting for my beltman to come in and it got tore up pretty bad in a month. No problems like that with my beltman and gone too is the droop I had with the 5.11, the beltman carries my XD 45 compact fine.

DeadFishEye

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    I finally got a notice that my Milt Sparks IWB Holster is on it's way, I know I should have ordered a new belt when I placed my order... dunno what I was thinking...
    I am considering getting one from Beltman as a last resort if I can't find a Milt Sparks.

For those that may be looking for a belt, below are a few of authorized M.S. dealers that might have one in stock:

Lightning Arms Sports

Brownells - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools

Sig Sauer Parts, Wilson Combat parts and magazines, Meprolight Night Sights, Sig Sauer magazines, SureFire Flashlights, Sig Sauer night sights, H&K magazines and parts, Glock parts and accessories, Glock magazines, 1911 magazines parts, gunsmithing t

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I finally got a notice that my Milt Sparks IWB Holster is on it's way, I know I should have ordered a new belt when I placed my order... dunno what I was thinking...
    I am considering getting one from Beltman as a last resort if I can't find a Milt Sparks.

For those that may be looking for a belt, below are a few of authorized M.S. dealers that might have one in stock:

Lightning Arms Sports

Brownells - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools

Sig Sauer Parts, Wilson Combat parts and magazines, Meprolight Night Sights, Sig Sauer magazines, SureFire Flashlights, Sig Sauer night sights, H&K magazines and parts, Glock parts and accessories, Glock magazines, 1911 magazines parts, gunsmithing t

I think Brownells only sells the SSII.

Do the others sells belts as well? LAS is well known and has a great relationship with several top makers, but are also priced high. But if they have it, you get it now.

Finding a Sparks belt used or from an individual is possible, but tough. I've been lucky to come across 2, both brand new. 1 I knew might be slightly too big and it was, for comfortable fit, but I got it for a steal and actually made money when I decided to sell it. I picked up a new pebble grain recently that was ordered the wrong size.

But don't rule out Jim, The Beltman, It's worth getting him to make you one, or even call and see if he has any in your size that are "over stock". He sells those cheaper. Most are ordered and canceled or in my case, one he used for pictures etc. Either way, great belts for the money and a super guy and you'll have it quick. Oh, and his "staff", referred to as his "girls", are pretty hot! :p

DeadFishEye

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Found an interesting post regarding Milt Sparks and Beltman belts. Problem with Milt Sparks Holsters!!!! - Glock Talk
    Didn't know if any of you have issues like it. I'm about to call and see what the above mentioned M.S. resellers have in stock. If not it will be a Beltman belt cause I'm not waiting another 5 1/2 months for M.S. to make the belt..... I'd do it for a holster, not again just for the belt.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom