• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    All of my comments are made with the consideration that I am (or soon will be) a CHL holder. As such, I would not hesitate to present at the outset of a traffic stop.

I've only just recently started carrying in my car (currently waiting on my CHL) and am apprehensive about being stopped before I actually have plastic in-hand. I'm also getting old and not really interested in confrontation.

pheet17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Baytown, Texas
    What agency?

Arguing would be moot, if you have a CHL he is specifically authorized by law to take your handgun during the stop. Personally, I think its chicken shit.

But the no-plate stop is valid.

DPS. I never said the stop wasn't legit. Just felt to me like he needed something to do. I would never argue with those guys, they put their life on the line everytime they pull someone over. At the time of the stop I didn't have my CHL, but now 5 days later....... That status has changed, Plastic in the mail!!!!!!!

radioflyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    I'm curious if anyone has modified a holster (particularly a plastic or Kydex holster) for designated car use (mounted to part of the car)

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'm curious if anyone has modified a holster (particularly a plastic or Kydex holster) for designated car use (mounted to part of the car)

I was considering this. I have a center console, but I don't want to put the pistol in it. I was considering building a pistol box covered with carpet to make it appear to be a regular part of the car's interior and mounting it to the console down by my right knee.

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    I took a zip up Day Timer, put hook and loop on it and attached a Acorn Brand Velcro gun holster in it and put my light and a spare mag in it. It lays on my floor board. I made a 20.00 tactical day planner.

radioflyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    I took a zip up Day Timer, put hook and loop on it and attached a Acorn Brand Velcro gun holster in it and put my light and a spare mag in it. It lays on my floor board. I made a 20.00 tactical day planner.

I'd call that a tactical day-planner protector....lol

...protects my daily plans.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Most interesting stop i was ever involved in stated like this "Officer at this time i would like to inform you there are 24 firearms in and about this vehicle." and he said "what are they and where are that at... forget that, step out of the vehicle" i thought i was screwed. Then he laid a tarp down on the side of the road and had me remove the weapons and place them on the tarp. 3 hrs and 12 cops later i left and the officer forgot why he pulled me over to begin with.

So that i dont get the questions later, I was traveling from city to city going to private gun shows.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    AmyG
    Top Bottom