• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Having a gun in your console is not illegal so you will not have any problems in that regard.

I would advise against keeping a firearm in the same location as vehicle paperwork (tag registration, insurance card etc.).

About 40 years ago I knew a guy that kept a bag of pot in the glove box and when he got pulled over the paperwork was in there too. He took the papers out and the pot was visible to the officer. HE WENT TO JAIL!!!!!

Keep the firearm and paperwork separate.

bob

Dallas Hicks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2017
    Alvin, TX
    Having a gun in your console is not illegal so you will not have any problems in that regard.

I think his point may have been the bad optics of reaching for your paperwork but a cop seeing you reaching for your gun. Shouldn't be an issue if you make the cop aware of its location. Then again, that may not of been the point of his statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dallas Hicks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2017
    Alvin, TX
    There is no point in making someone nervous or having a misunderstanding about reaching for the papers when a firearm is in the same place!!!!!!!!!!

Too many news stories about 'he was reaching for the gun'.

bob

Would you agree that if you notify the officer about the gun, then that should resolve any issues of the officer being nervous and or reading the situation incorrectly?

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I have not seen many cases of it all over the news 1 or 2 and both times the cop is yelling STOP DONT REACH FOR IT. If you are stupid enough to reach for it anyways well then you play stupid games and win stupid prizes

There is no point in making someone nervous or having a misunderstanding about reaching for the papers when a firearm is in the same place!!!!!!!!!!

Too many news stories about 'he was reaching for the gun'.

bob

Dallas Hicks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2017
    Alvin, TX
    1d79aff1a6d1c385b7d8f5d3a29ebe01.jpg

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    There are times I have to leave my gun in my car, not that I want to, more that I want to follow the law. I live in an area where it gets very hot at times, I wouldn't leave an animal long in the car, but I have never had any issues with a gun.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I'm not tempting fate. I don't like the odds. I'll keep the papers in the glove cubby and the firearm in the console (LID CLOSED)

Y'all do what you think is best. Not arguing, just my opinion.

bob
    Not saying where I put the gun when I do leave it in my car, but I will say it's nowhere near any papers. Besides, once I get back to the car, the gun goes back on my belt.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Usually the gun is holstered. If it's not, it's in the door pocket. Insurance card is in the center console, DL and LTC in the wallet which is in my right front pocket.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Other than some powders behave a little differently when they get hot, not that I can think of.
    If the heat inside my car melts my gun and not the interior of my car, me and the manufacturer are going to have a problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

This is why I prefer my steel-frame revolvers. Throughout history, revolvers have handled hot climates from the cattle trails of West Texas to the sands of the Sahara without a hitch. Did Lawrence and Montgomery take Glocks into combat in the Middle East? NO!....they chose revolvers. Did the Earp's pack HKs in Arizona when the lead started flying? NO!.....they chose revolvers. And did Inspector Callahan make the punk's day in the sweltering streets of San Francisco wielding a PX4? NO!.....he chose a revolver.

And, when faced with the hot Texas summers, I'll pick a revolver every time. If there was anything better, they'd have invented it by now.....

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    yep I see it posted daily about simi-auto's failing in the Tx heat. Happens as often as Democrats support Trump

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    This is why I prefer my steel-frame revolvers. Throughout history, revolvers have handled hot climates from the cattle trails of West Texas to the sands of the Sahara without a hitch. Did Lawrence and Montgomery take Glocks into combat in the Middle East? NO!....they chose revolvers. Did the Earp's pack HKs in Arizona when the lead started flying? NO!.....they chose revolvers. And did Inspector Callahan make the punk's day in the sweltering streets of San Francisco wielding a PX4? NO!.....he chose a revolver.

And, when faced with the hot Texas summers, I'll pick a revolver every time. If there was anything better, they'd have invented it by now.....

And 1911's have been through wars in the desert, tropical swamps, extreme heat, bitter cold, etc.

Glocks? Place them in the nearest trash bin.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    In my new Honda Accord there is a little closed compartment directly below the radio touchscreen. It has the outlets for mobile devices and just enough room to hold my LCP or CT380 in their pocket holsters while driving.
    Exiting the car I just pop it open & put the gun back in my front pocket.

crewe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    Houston
    I have a smaller sedan, but the problem for me is that my gun is too big to find a good spot. But I also haven't spent a lot of time trying to figure out solutions either, im sure there's one

Top Bottom