• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kotetu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2013
    Houston
    Sorry, I've been running qualifications since 8 am and my humor is a bit twisted.

No apologies are necessary.

Hey Zx9RCam, what's the website for YELP?
    monkey.gif

Last edited:

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    I just toss an extra magazine in my shirt pocket. No big deal.

Flash

I was an extra mag in a pocket some where kinda guy for many many years.

Try running a few drills like that. Especially with a class and other people around to kinda pump up the volume a little, then add a shot timer and you still aren't even close to the tension of a real shooting incident.

It'll make a believer out of you. Need that mag in a handy, CONSISTENT place and ORIENTED the same all the time. At least you will if you ever really need it.

Extra mag serves more purpose than just running out of ammo shooting so many bad guys. It's a fail to fire back up. It's a "he's got hold of my gun" defense. Most every gun problem can be fixed pretty quick dropping the mad and racking the slide on a fresh mag. It's not unheard of to prevent a bad buy making use of your gun by dropping the mag out in a struggle. If you come out with the empty gun, especially if he sees the mag fall out in the street, you are right back in the fight with the spare.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I was an extra mag in a pocket some where kinda guy for many many years.

Try running a few drills like that. Especially with a class and other people around to kinda pump up the volume a little, then add a shot timer and you still aren't even close to the tension of a real shooting incident.

It'll make a believer out of you. Need that mag in a handy, CONSISTENT place and ORIENTED the same all the time. At least you will if you ever really need it.

Extra mag serves more purpose than just running out of ammo shooting so many bad guys. It's a fail to fire back up. It's a "he's got hold of my gun" defense. Most every gun problem can be fixed pretty quick dropping the mad and racking the slide on a fresh mag. It's not unheard of to prevent a bad buy making use of your gun by dropping the mag out in a struggle. If you come out with the empty gun, especially if he sees the mag fall out in the street, you are right back in the fight with the spare.

A large majority of guns, unless run dry, still can shoot at least once with the mag out...

kotetu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2013
    Houston
    That's one of the better ideas I've seen in a long while.

Good job!
    Thanks. I only had the idea to make it myself, however. The concept came from the neoclip mentioned above - I saw it a few months back and thought $40 was too expensive. ;)

I have also read that neither my phone's screen or memory will be harmed by the magnets, however any internal compass can get messed up (from an article about magnets and iphones). They can definitely damage credit card magnetic stripes, though, so if you guys make these, keep them away from your wallets. (You can still have cashiers enter the card numbers.)

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    A large majority of guns, unless run dry, still can shoot at least once with the mag out...

A lot of them can, a lot of them can't. I have no idea if it's a majority or not either way.

Any one who doesn't know what their own gun is capable of or if this applys to their own wouldn't have clue how to use the information any way.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    A lot of them can, a lot of them can't. I have no idea if it's a majority or not either way.

Any one who doesn't know what their own gun is capable of or if this applys to their own wouldn't have clue how to use the information any way.

Yep, it is a good thing to know, funny thing is, the last gun you mentioned carrying in the EDC thread was a G20.

https://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154&page=140&p=1587479&viewfull=1#post1587479

And unless yours is malfunctioning, it should be able to be fired with the mag out...

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    I see you're carrying a 1911 now.

https://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154&page=144&p=1599309&viewfull=1#post1599309

I don't own a Colt, but the rest of my 1911's shoot with the mag out...

All mine do to.

My 3913 doesn't though.

My GSG didn't until I removed that safety option.

My BDA doesn't

My Glock does.

Were you looking for a list or something? Generally I prefer EDC that will fire either way but when I had small children I preferred one that would NOT fire with out the mag. For people who have or prefer guns with that feature, they may as well know who to make the best of it.

Is this a big deal to you or something?

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    All mine do to.

My 3913 doesn't though.

My GSG didn't until I removed that safety option.

My BDA doesn't

My Glock does.

Were you looking for a list or something? Generally I prefer EDC that will fire either way but when I had small children I preferred one that would NOT fire with out the mag. For people who have or prefer guns with that feature, they may as well know who to make the best of it.

Is this a big deal to you or something?

Just that you said...

. It's not unheard of to prevent a bad buy making use of your gun by dropping the mag out in a struggle. If you come out with the empty gun, especially if he sees the mag fall out in the street,.

Then I said most guns shoot with the mag out.
    And you said...

I took it to mean you were inferring I didn't know what I was talking about, and I just wanted you to realize what you had said.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    Just that you said...

Then I said most guns shoot with the mag out.
    And you said...

I took it to mean you were inferring I didn't know what I was talking about, and I just wanted you to realize what you had said.

If I inferred that. I apologize. It was never intended. I don't know you. I hardly ever carry an argument beyond what ever I'm posting at the time unless it goes on for days and days and days. Even now it's just been enough for me to remember there's been a few comments building up concerning this same topic. I don't have a clue what you carry or what it's functions are other than I think your last post before this one mentioned it fires with out a mag now that I think about it.

I really don't take this stuff all that serious as far as arguing over it. I just read one post at a time and comment. Sometimes specificly to the the posting I'm reading and then I'll normally quote that post but even then sometimes I'll get off on a tangent and next time I see it in the thread realize it was more of a general over all thread response rather than to that person.

Only reason I mentioned what ever I said about the not firing with out a magazine is I go out of the way to address it with students as to it will or it won't and how to take best advantage of what their specific weapon offers them. If it won't fire with out the mag you can put a lock behind the trigger on MOST guns and make it safe. Yet remove the lock, slap in a mage and it's ready to rock. This is especially useful for situations where people go in and out of buildings they can't or don't want to carry in to. Most are looking at vehicle safes, then get stopped cold at the costs. You can put the lock behind the trigger and lock it to a piece of hardware under the seat and that gun is pretty darn safe. You can remove the magazine and even if they break the trigger guard it's still useless with out the mag, reducing the urge of a theaf to steal the gun that is still useless.

If you carry in the home or feel the need for a gun on bed table or something, it's not much use in the middle of the night with a key you are searching for to unload it but the mag under your pillow is pretty easy to find and unlikely to go off accidentally.

It was nothing but an attempt to share that there are advantages to some people to choose a weapon with the feature to require the mag to fire it.

I figure if a person has owned a weapon and is not aware their own gun is one or the other, they are unlikely to be of a mind to take advantage of the opportunity it offers. With out going back to the beginning and reading and evaluating every comment leading up to now, I'm still sure I never intended any specific on your knowledge of your weapon or any other. Only people and gun owners in general. That's not to say I may have done a poor job of saying it. It would be the first time. I don't normally proof read my own comments on forums unless I have reason to read them through a second time but once I NOTICE an error I can hardly stand it. If it's' spelling I'll fix it if I can even if it was originally written years ago. If some one has replied and commented on something stupid I've written I'll just swallow hard and take it. It's the price for writing from the hip. If no one has replied and it reads bad to me, I'll try to fix it to what I meant or at least to make it factually correct or even to admit "This was wrong, I've since learned... and here is why or a link to the additional information I've gained."

Sorry we've had these difficulties. It was never my intent. Let's move on to something new and more interesting.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    When I am on Army National guard duty I either have my Sig P320c or FNS9c on me and spare mag in a mag pouch on my belt. Both holster and pouch from Zero9 Holsters.

When carrying my Shield9, I have a spare mag in my pocket. When carrying the LCR 38+P I have 2 speed strips in my pocket.

Top Bottom