• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MMoore25

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2023
    Savoy, TX
    Hello, everyone! I am a member of a church that rents out an area inside a local middle school on Sundays to host church services. Does the 30.05, 30.06, 30.07 signs still apply to a LTC holder during this time of worship? I’ve been trying to do find something definitive but I’m either not finding anything specific to this situation or I’m not very good at researching this topic. Can anyone point me to some sources with regard this?

Thanks!

• Wow
    Reactions: Eli

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    30.06 and 30.07 always apply to a permit holder. 30.05 applies to non-permit carriers. There's no 'during school hours' exception if those signs are posted. And carrying in a school is generally prohibited at all times unless the school district has specifically allowed it...in which case they wouldn't post the signs.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX

Texas Penal Code - PENAL § 46.03. Places Weapons Prohibited

(a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly possesses or goes with a firearm, location-restricted knife, club, or prohibited weapon listed in Section 46.05(a):
    (1) on the physical premises of a school or educational institution, any grounds or building
    on which an activity sponsored by a school or educational institution is being conducted,
    or a passenger transportation vehicle of a school or educational institution,
    whether the school or educational institution is public or private

Careful, an offense under this section is a felony of the third degree.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Hello, everyone! I am a member of a church that rents out an area inside a local middle school on Sundays to host church services. Does the 30.05, 30.06, 30.07 signs still apply to a LTC holder during this time of worship? I’ve been trying to do find something definitive but I’m either not finding anything specific to this situation or I’m not very good at researching this topic. Can anyone point me to some sources with regard this?

Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum!

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

The few of us who are still ‘’sane’’ need to be in control of these things.

Our legislators bow to lobbyists and corporate attorneys way too much.

Many laws are made by those with ZERO comprehension of their effects on the LAW-ABIDING Citizenry !

Nor, of the dangers they CREATE !

leVieux

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Hypothetical question: if the OP asked the superintendent for written permission allowing carry on weekends during religious services, could that letter be made out to any guest in the congregation or would it need to be addressed to each attending member separately? The way the exception in the 46.03 rule states it makes it sound like the written permission needs to be issued per person. What a drag. Just remove the unconstituonal prohibition and move on.

MMoore25

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2023
    Savoy, TX
    I did some further digging and came across a doc from Ken Paxton dated 12/21/2017. It states that it depends on the contractual agreement between the school district and the church and if it doesn't raise the issue either, I, or the leaders of the church, would need to get approval from the school district. Not sure how that would go over.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 9.49.41 PM.png
      Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 9.49.41 PM.png
      919.8 KB · Views: 68

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I did some further digging and came across a doc from Ken Paxton dated 12/21/2017. It states that it depends on the contractual agreement between the school district and the church and if it doesn't raise the issue either, I, or the leaders of the church, would need to get approval from the school district. Not sure how that would go over.

If the district is one of the districts that doesn't bar teachers from carrying, maybe there's a chance. If not, any manner of pearl-clutching overreaction is possible.

MMoore25

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2023
    Savoy, TX
    If the district is one of the districts that doesn't bar teachers from carrying, maybe there's a chance. If not, any manner of pearl-clutching overreaction is possible.
    Yeah, this district doesn't allow teachers/staff to carry. I'm an Alumnus of this district so maybe if I go in and name drop people that have moved up the ladder since I graduated, maybe they will grant me permission... I know, wishful thinking.

Texan79423

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 7, 2021
    Flatlands
    I worked in a highly regulated field. When a worker ask me a what if question on a grey area in the regulations. My reply was what is you have to defend your action.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

One great example was when the legs finally did something correctly and told our public universities they couldn’t prohibit permitted CCW.

I’m retired U of Texas Faculty and see much of their info.

There were screams & dire predictions from lib-tard Austin faculty.

But the first ’’incident’’ involved a licensed student/veteran who was near his car when an actual terrorist with a large knife attacked innocents and killed one.

Student got a pistol from his car, stopped the terrorist, and held him at gunpoint for the Kampus Kops & Austin P.D.

No shot fired.

Not a word from the ‘’Pissant Professor’’ Corps !

leVieux

Top Bottom