• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    So, I have traveled before on company business to some of our jobsites, but only day trips and did not carry (went straight from office to jobsite and then back to office). I will be going to one of our pipe spool fabrication shops in Louisiana for the project I am on soon and it will be a 3 days / 2 night trip.

I had originally planned on carrying and just leaving my handgun in my truck once at the shop and during the meetings. However, I have been instructed I must travel in a rental vehicle with another employee from my company and two employees from the client company.

So, I am not sure if I should even carry now. I do not really know these other guys I am riding with. While on this project we fall under the client company’s “rules” which seem to be pretty strict. Plus I do not know the firearms policy of the business we are going to and don’t think I would have a chance to disarm and put it in my bags without them seeing. Has anyone been in this situation? Really leaning in the direction of just not carrying.
    Gun Zone Deals

Low_Speed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Austin
    I think that you should carry if Reciprocity permits. Conceal it on person and do your job and come home. You don’t have to tell the employees you are going with your business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    So...Unless the facility has a metal detector this above advice is solid. Pretty much what they don’t know won’t hurt them.

Sent with my IPhone with electronics and fuzzy logic...

Low_Speed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Austin
    Find out what your companies policy is. You don’t and we don’t know. Personally, they are sending you to a state you maybe unfamiliar with, carrying is not bad idea.

Two, only way they would know is if you told them.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Yep abide by company work policy. You could check it and then arm up in the hotel room and carry on your own time. Heck when I travel to Detroit or Vegas, I’ve loaded up in the airport. It can be done conspicuously and most are oblivious. I felt naked when I traveled overseas

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    This is my laptop bag. Its made my Rothco and freaking aweseome.
    When I am out and about at work and can't carry on my person, my Glock 43 stays in here, nice and comfy and always within arms reach.

3911-Coyote-F_large.jpg

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My "Uncle Mikes" briefcase has a hidden Velcro section designed to hold a handgun.
    I don't believe they are made any more.

ETA: Evidently they started making them again.

Last edited:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Contact leVieux here at TGT & get him to meet you at the border & ride shotgun.
    Look over his thoughts on justified first. Make sure they mesh with yours.

Like I have said before you have to dress around your carry tool. Doing so makes situations like this less stressful. Concealed is concealed only when it's really concealed enough to make you comfortable.

A good ankle rig with proper pants that aren't tight or short, small pocket tool or even off body option are helpfull at times like these. But only if you're comfortable with them ahead of time.

Me, I carry everywhere I'm comfortable. Very few hoplophobic rules stop me. Ofcourse I'm law abiding, we are all boy scouts aren't we? That said I'm crotchety old crippled and as such under the radar for those looking to stop weapons entering places but because of that I'm a prime target for vermin looking to prey upon, or so they think as I still live a proper mindset.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    So, I have traveled before on company business to some of our jobsites, but only day trips and did not carry (went straight from office to jobsite and then back to office). I will be going to one of our pipe spool fabrication shops in Louisiana for the project I am on soon and it will be a 3 days / 2 night trip.

I had originally planned on carrying and just leaving my handgun in my truck once at the shop and during the meetings. However, I have been instructed I must travel in a rental vehicle with another employee from my company and two employees from the client company.

So, I am not sure if I should even carry now. I do not really know these other guys I am riding with. While on this project we fall under the client company’s “rules” which seem to be pretty strict. Plus I do not know the firearms policy of the business we are going to and don’t think I would have a chance to disarm and put it in my bags without them seeing. Has anyone been in this situation? Really leaning in the direction of just not carrying.

I've traveled on several business trips since I received my LTC early last year. I usually keep it in my bag.

What are the client company's rules?

Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    I know i am late to the party here BUT first know the law and the policies. ONLY carry where you can. Put it aside where you can't. Laptop bags work great for that. ALSO when I travel (and i do quite often) i always take with if legal and i usually have to dress up a little SO a holster shirt with a S&W Shield .40 works real well for me. Excellent way to deep cover. If you get in a situation where you cross the line accidently or unexpectedly it is real hard for anyone else to detect your mistake.

txbirddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    Consider a Kangaroo Carry for the long road trip. If your shirt is full cut and you aren’t no one will notice. I carry P320compact all day and extremely comfortable while driving.

Fritz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2018
    Frisco, TX
    My company doesn't have a specific anti-gun policy so unless I have to fly, I'm carrying provided I'm in a location with reciprocity.

Top Bottom