• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Texas law certainly does not prohinbit it. I do not believe federal laws prohibit it; I have never read such a law. In international waters outside the territory of the US, you are OK. The problem is if you venture into the waters of another country that DOES prohibit it.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    My source is not that credible. I figured he was wrong. You are crazy not to have some protection in the Caribbean or Gulf of Mexico.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Most seagoing ships carry firearms on board unless they normally dock in ports that prohibit them. Even then, I'd bet they are still on board... just a little more hidden.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Between my age, the murderous mexicans warring in Mexico, and a happy marriage to a great person for many years, cheap Carta Blanka, boy's towns, and the lure of Mexico lost it's glow for half a century. Fishing ? There's Lakes all overTexas where you don't really need a firearm unless you just want to pack one for snakes and zombies, but most don't willingly allow firearms if they are aware of it...

And fellow Cowboys, you'll never know if I'm carrying to the outhouse out yonder, but there are "black widders" so they say !

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I would not be found anywhere near those waters now. I have a friend that loves to fish Lake Amistad. However, he was shot at last time. So he WILL NOT go back. I dont blame him...

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    When I worked offshore, it was common knowledge that firarms was not permitted in international waters. Hell, everybody thought that.
    Maybe we were all wrong?
    I aint going back out there so I dont care. I hate the ocean! They got shit in there that will eat a grown man, I seen it!

MuddyWaterMan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    When I worked offshore, it was common knowledge that firarms was not permitted in international waters. Hell, everybody thought that.
    Maybe we were all wrong?
    I aint going back out there so I dont care. I hate the ocean! They got shit in there that will eat a grown man, I seen it!

What I run into more than anything in the Maritime Industry is the company itself having rules against it and being ambiguous enough on explaining the rules that most employees think it is LAW. Just my experience.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

texasislandboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    SA
    I would not be found anywhere near those waters now. I have a friend that loves to fish Lake Amistad. However, he was shot at last time. So he WILL NOT go back. I dont blame him...
    i have been the past 4 weekends but i pack heat and a 75mph boat

Top Bottom