• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mwrookie

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2018
    IL
    Ok, so I have a large cartridge collection I am helping someone sort through. Selling one cartridge at a time is not cost efficient for the buyer or myself as I am the one that has to drive to UPS (about 20 miles away). Can you let me know what you believe would be the best way to "group" these cartridges....it would be greatly appreciated
    Guns International

mwrookie

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2018
    IL
    Some calibers may have 1-6 cartridges. Some have say 10 cartridges with 10 different head stamps. Then looking at the 45's about a total of 150+. with various amounts of head stamps. For example 50 Peters 27, 21 WCC 42, 1 FN 45 65, 50 FA 28. I started a spreadsheet I would be happy to post to give you a better idea. Just not sure how to post a pdf.

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    Some calibers may have 1-6 cartridges. Some have say 10 cartridges with 10 different head stamps. Then looking at the 45's about a total of 150+. with various amounts of head stamps. For example 50 Peters 27, 21 WCC 42, 1 FN 45 65, 50 FA 28. I started a spreadsheet I would be happy to post to give you a better idea. Just not sure how to post a pdf.

Split it into calibers, then worry about the ones that have more than a handful of cases.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Pistol, long guns, then by size of caliber and you could make standard MM a different lot (IF that round is identified as a MM. Some like, .223 and 5.56 you could group together (maybe) but as we know the .223 is not exactly the same as 5.56 NATO. But your call to make and show the logic.

mwrookie

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2018
    IL
    Pistol, long guns, then by size of caliber and you could make standard MM a different lot (IF that round is identified as a MM. Some like, .223 and 5.56 you could group together (maybe) but as we know the .223 is not exactly the same as 5.56 NATO. But your call to make and show the logic.

Thanks guys! All this info gives me a good starting point. After everything is grouped by caliber what would be the best way to offer them for sale? Like I stated in the op selling 1 8mm Nambu is not cost efficient (shipping for the buyer and travel for me). Below is a screen shot of the 45 collection would you list all of them together for one price? For the smaller quanity...say 8mm Nambu would you sell 5 cartridges together or mix them with another caliber?

mwrookie

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2018
    IL
    Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 8.42.49 PM.png

Top Bottom