• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I use Hornady one shot on the progressive press.

I can lube the whole tray full at once. When I start to feel a little more resistance I hit it again.

This is what I use too. I’m loading on a 4 hole turret press, but I do the resize only when I resize rifle cases.
    Target Sports

Last edited:

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    For my single stage bottleneck reloading, Imperial case lube is the best...period. If you are cheap, lanolin based wire pulling lube works as well, and cost is about $10-$12 per quart. Hornady's One Shot works fine, but FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS! If you don't let it dry as directions say, you will stick a case. I've bought several die sets for next to nothing because there was a case stuck in the sizing die. One Shot was used on the cases almost every time.
    BTW, even with carbide dies for straight wall cases, a little lube on about every 10th case or so makes a progressive press work a lot more smoothly.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    ^Just my .02, but fwiw - I've found the Hornady stuff works great for most things (everything I've used it with but one); however, had a bit of a blood-pressure-raising experience using that to FL resize .458 SOCOM brass. May have been related to technique, but switch to case lube for those and haven't had any issues since...

^this is similar (diff branding) to what I've found to work best for SOCOM (and 45-70, etc.) brass...for me, anyway...

I may be mistaken, but seem to recall seeing something to the effect of a warning against mixing anything else with the Hornady stuff, and so have avoided doing that so far...something to look into when time permits.
    Hey CW,

Oh well.........been working for me since the ONE SHOT came out.

A "spritz" of ONE SHOT. I put a small dab of ISW on finger/thumb. Give each case a "roll" before inserting (below the shoulder)...

About every 8 or 10 '06 cases, add a bit of Imperial Sizing Wax....

Seems about every 10 to 12 of the 22-250 cases?

You will the effort on the handle begin to increase.....

Later, Makr

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    One Shot caused me a stuck 223 case. Never again. Straight wall pistol cases have carbide dies and no lube needed.
    I've had one too, but it was because of what Charley said earlier - I didn't let it dry before sizing it. After I learned that lesson, I've never had another problem.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    One Shot caused me a stuck 223 case. Never again. Straight wall pistol cases have carbide dies and no lube needed.
    No lube needed is true but it is soooooo much easier when they are lubed. I appreciate that now that I am older, wont lie about it.

beenut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    To lube pistol brass take a zip lock bag spray the inside bag with ONE shot then add brass then shake ,they are lubed.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    I prefer to roll my cases 4 at a time on my RCBS lube pad using RCBS case lube. I sprayed some cases the other day and had a few fail to enter the sizer. I load one at a time so I can feel when things aren't going as they should.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Bottleneck cartridges I use imperial sizing wax. I’ve found nothing better and one little tin will load tens of thousands of cases.

Straight I use carbide does and no lube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tyler "suburbs"... :)
    I was pretty happy with Dillon's case lube, but I thought it was too gummy (as I don't always tumble after sizing), I added some 99% isopropyl, and it was thinner, but I needed more sprays. I found my happy place with more sprays, but less sheep-juice on the brass.

I even lube 9mm with carbide dies, it makes things so much more buttery smooth on the XL 650..

I haven't run out of the Dillon-stuff yet (with a huge amount of reloading 9mm, .38 SPL, .357 Mag, and .223/5.56 since Jan 2012), but have an ample supply of 99% Isopropyl and aqueous sheep-juice to last a lifetime, or two... when I do.

I'll always buy more 99%, the stuff is GREAT for a LOT of things... ESPECIALLY cleaning-related... (battery terminals, antiseptic, AND MOAR...)

Last edited:

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I got a free tube of Lee case lube I use for rifle rounds on my single stage. It works pretty good. I've stuck a few cases on purpose with it trying to figure out how many cases I can run with no lube. Turns out I can get by lubing every 3-5 cases. I still lube each one though as getting stuck cases out is a pain.

I tend to decap/size everything on a single stage press. Then all rifle rounds are trimmed etc. Then they all go in the cleaner a second go around to remove the lube. Then I run them through my 3 and 4 station presses as needed.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I've heard of using pam before but never tried it. I have some 3in1 dry lock lube spray. I've thought about trying that as well but imagine it's gonna be like one shot.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom