• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bradmartin78

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 28, 2016
    Fort Worth
    You could duplicate much of it with a trimmer on your 650 and then use a swage add on. The super swage is fast so maybe a press based swage doesn't matter to you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    The Super Swage is plenty quick. Mostly it’s the trimming, deburr and chamfer that I’m looking to streamline. The rcbs trim pro is very slow.
    Venture Surplus ad

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    I use a Gracey Trimmer for large scale trimming. Fast and easy like the Giraud trimmer. But the Giraud is the best trimmer available. I also use a Lyman Case Prep center and Dillon Super Swage as well. Like all three. No complaints for any of them. They work as designed.

GeorgeandSugar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2017
    Como
    Wondering if a case prep station is worth it. I have brass and will be reloading what I shoot.

I have the Lyman case prep center. Too me, it is worth it. Makes case prep easy and frankly enjoyable. Easy on the hands without the twisting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bradmartin78

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 28, 2016
    Fort Worth
    I have the Lyman case prep center. Too me, it is worth it. Makes case prep easy and frankly enjoyable. Easy on the hands without the twisting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My a trade today and brought home a Frankford Arsenal. Only had time to set it up and trim a few pieces, but it’s much faster than the trim pro. We’ll see how it goes.

crzy_mike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2017
    US
    I use a hornady case prep trio, it has served me well. I have a chamfer, debur, and primer pocket cleaner on it. It did cut down on my time a bit, though I've never loaded in large volume before.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    The Super Swage is plenty quick. Mostly it’s the trimming, deburr and chamfer that I’m looking to streamline. The rcbs trim pro is very slow.
    Get a Dillon RT 1500 and be done with it. Put a decent coated insert on there and run a cut down m-die into it afterwards and you are done. No need to debur and chamfer with that setup in volume.

Bradmartin78

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 28, 2016
    Fort Worth
    Get a Dillon RT 1500 and be done with it. Put a decent coated insert on there and run a cut down m-die into it afterwards and you are done. No need to debur and chamfer with that setup in volume.

That’s the next step. The Frankford is twice as fast as the Trim Pro, but it still takes a lot of time. I ordered a Case Feeder last Sunday to replace the Budget Case Feeder I had to start with.

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    I have a Giraud Triway for 223 and used the crap out of it this past week. I had a triway in 308 but I couldn't get it adjusted so I returned it. It was built while Doug was in the hospital I think so I will reorder one shortly.

I loaded 244 cases and am looking at about 300 this weekend.

Additionally, I trim to remove the mil crimp, on 223 but use the Hornady swager on my LNL press.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    That’s the next step. The Frankford is twice as fast as the Trim Pro, but it still takes a lot of time. I ordered a Case Feeder last Sunday to replace the Budget Case Feeder I had to start with.
    You will love it once it is up and running. One thing you should consider is getting their carbide trim die, it is worth the extra price for the reduced sizing effort.

Mastiff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    I use the Sinclair/L.E. Wilson trimmer with the mic and for swaging I use the Dillion 600. I do it strictly for fun and a hobby, so it’s very slow going. Then I reload them on a Dillon 650 using Redding competition dies. For my competition .223, I use Lapua cases, Sierra Bullets and make them on a Redding T-7 press and their dies. When it comes to precision dies, I’m a Redding and Dillon fan. Everyone does it a little differently, as long as you enjoy it, that’s what counts.

Top Bottom