• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Salted

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Corpus Christi
    Anybody have a recommendation for a good party fishing boat in the area? Someone mentioned the Dolphin out of Port Aransas to me. Any other good ones? I tend to do more surf/jetty fishing, and will splurge for a 4 or 6 pack in season, but I'd like to get some friends out for an easy trip on a bigger boat.
    Texas SOT

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

These were the first two large offshore catamarans built by my neighbor Ward Breaux’ Dad, Roy. They have been in service since the mid-1970’s, and have good reputations among locals and repeat customers:

https://www.portaransas.org/listing/scat-cat/9/.

Continuing, for surf fishing, the farther down the PINS Beach the better. Best take a 4WD, as the beach from Mustang to the “4WD Only” sign gets extremely crowded.

If unfamiliar, C.C. Bay & Nueces Bay are some of the most “wade-able” on the Coast, but please get local info first, and go very early mornings only b/c of the famous afternoon winds.

Another option is to call James Dunks, a retired TX P&W Captain, now a fishing guide and Shallowsport Boat aficionado, who is based near Port Mansfield. James Dunks @ (956) 264-6888. James does both lagoon/flats trips and near offshore & snapper trips.

leVieux

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom