• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    THIS IS NOT my personal experience. This was copied from the Internets. ...

How I Blew Off a Leg With a 12 Gauge Shotgun, Part One | JARCISM

And to clarify: the gun slipped from my hand as I dialed 911 (or I knocked the muzzle against the ground and dropped it, who knows) and in my hopped-up adrenaline haze I instinctively clenched my hand shut, putting my finger through the trigger frame, pulling the shotty about halfway up my calf and BOOM!

photo88.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not my personal experience. This was copied from the Internets. ...

How I Blew Off a Leg With a 12 Gauge Shotgun, Part One | JARCISM

And to clarify: the gun slipped from my hand as I dialed 911 (or I knocked the muzzle against the ground and dropped it, who knows) and in my hopped-up adrenaline haze I instinctively clenched my hand shut, putting my finger through the trigger frame, pulling the shotty about halfway up my calf and BOOM!

Happen during a break in?

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    We need more than a one sentence explanation. Surely there's more to the printed story, mate?

Follow the link for the guy's story. In the comments he posts the following::

in any case, it was/is my own fault that i pulled the trigger- should have switched on the safety or held it securely (or not used a PGO shotgun to begin with :P) before attempting to call the police. a tense situation, my frazzled nerves and a single moment of less-than-stellar gun control equates to a mega-fun time as an amputee and a great Halloween costume from now on

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    We need more than a one sentence explanation. Surely there's more to the printed story, mate?

The URL to the very long and wordy story is in the OP in blue.

I'm not sure what to make of this.

Appreciate someone sharing their incredible mistake so others can learn from it. It just shouldn't have happened.
    You can usually break one rule of firearms safety. Break two and someone gets shot or dead. So breaking none needs to be the standard.

Ny700

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2014
    Close range, no problem. Out 10 yards you may just piss someone off. I'm not a shotgun fan though.

I would say inside 30 yards with any decent load your probably good to go. Outside of that yea you may just stun a man if your not lucky. But either way you see that leg, I'll pass on getting shot by a 12ga if I can avoid it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    I would say inside 30 yards with any decent load your probably good to go. Outside of that yea you may just stun a man if your not lucky. But either way you see that leg, I'll pass on getting shot by a 12ga if I can avoid it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask the guy Dick Cheney shot about how effective a shotgun is at 30 yards. He almost died and it was a 28 gauge.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Lol, he didn't "almost die" by any accounts I had heard. He was also older than dirt and took a shot to the face, lmao.

That is a terrible example to use when promoting shotguns for defense.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    A friend had an apartment in a not so good neighborhood in Houston. Two thugs broke in and "T" tried to hide in a closet. When the thug who was armed with a shotgun found him, "T" raised his hand in a defensive move before the shotgun fired. The blast removed his right hand and part of his jaw.

The facial injury was repaired and he has a prosthetic hand. I hate to post about the misfortune of a friend but there are lessons to be learned, here.

First, no one is immune from an armed invasion of your home. If folks think that I'm paranoid because I keep weapons readily available in my home......F 'em.

Second, there is nothing as destructive as a shotgun at close range. The problem is that the wounds are going to be devastating and you need to be prepared for that. Many years ago, I was trained to use a ground strike just in front of the bad guy as a less than lethal shot. The debris from a ground strike can do terrible things but is less lethal.

Flash

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom