• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I gonna tell ya right now. There is nothing better for your well being than exercise and moving. There are no short cuts. Get off your culo and exercise.

With that being said... CBD has helped me with sleep. An hour before bed, eyedropper of 1800mgs. It'll do its job if you let it. Chill out, low lighting. Don't watch anything that makes your mind turn.

Not sure on pain... I race dirt bikes and hurt all the time. I feel best on high quality fish oil. But, I take CBD almost every night as well. CBD = High dose, quality.
    Hurley's Gold

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    It sounds like you that find CBD helpful, ingest it.

I thought it was rubbed on like liniment?

No?

And how much of it's benefit may just be a placebo effect or have credible tests been done proving it's benefit?

Yes, I question it, but would like to believe it's beneficial and could possibly help with my various pain because 15 mg of meloxicam isn't doing much...

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    I gonna tell ya right now. There is nothing better for your well being than exercise and moving. There are no short cuts. Get off your culo and exercise.

With that being said... CBD has helped me with sleep. An hour before bed, eyedropper of 1800mgs. It'll do its job if you let it. Chill out, low lighting. Don't watch anything that makes your mind turn.

Not sure on pain... I race dirt bikes and hurt all the time. I feel best on high quality fish oil. But, I take CBD almost every night as well. CBD = High dose, quality.

Good grief, that's almost $25/night at the Lazaurus Naturals prices. I'll have to work up to that.

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    download (3).jpeg

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    I also expect it to be a placebo. But willing to try it if it can fool me into snoozing. I know too many folks addicted to Ambien.

My doctor will not prescribe such drugs (sleep, anxiety, happy pills). The sign in his lobby stating such keeps out the drug shoppers.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Wife & I tried the non THC CBD and I didn’t feel any relief from my arthritis or joint pain. Maybe it was the particular brand or quality? IDK?

Jana didn’t get any relief either & she lives with chronic pain daily with her lower back.

I’ve gotten more relief from my hip pain from exercise more than anything I’ve tried. Got to keep moving......

Motion is Lotion!

But quality CBD works. It’s NOT a drug that immediately works. It is an herbal that works best over time.
    Tommy Chong has came out against CBD. Could be he want to push the THC!

Baboon,

Just say NO to FAKE NEWS, Brother!!!

Chong did not. That was a click bait title.

Tommy Chong has his own line of CBD products.

He did come out against crappy CBD stuff like is found on the counter of a Valero truck stop. And rightfully so...that stuff is garbage!

Last edited:

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I also expect it to be a placebo. But willing to try it if it can fool me into snoozing. I know too many folks addicted to Ambien.

My doctor will not prescribe such drugs (sleep, anxiety, happy pills). The sign in his lobby stating such keeps out the drug shoppers.

Steve,

Some suggestions for better sleep:

1. No food or booze 3 hours before bed. Easy on the water. The exception is a cup of good organic herbal camomile tea. This one from H-E-B is excellent:

2. Try melatonin. Start small and take a few hours before bed with the tea. I can only take it a few nights before it gives me wacky dreams.

3. Try rubbing some Lazarus Naturals Lavender balm on your bury where you can smell it. Lavender helps.

4. I have a friend who swears by the Lazarus CBD calming capsules.

5. Knock off the blue light before bed (TV, computer, smart phone). It is a brain stimulation. Read off paper (books, magazines)

Good Luck

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    I have federal licenses that would be in jeopardy if the Feds caught me with this product. The Feds don't care about state laws, and any MJ is still a Schedule I drug.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Hhhhhmmm, some say it's legal in Texas, but I wonder if oohrah is the correct one when it comes to CBD, unless it's made without MJ, but then I wonder if it's made without MJ is it still CBD or simply labeled CBD?

In other words, 'snakeoil' labeled CBD.

Anyone?

Last edited:

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Hhhhhmmm, some say it's legal in Texas, but I wonder if oohrah is the correct one when it comes to CBD, unless it's made without MJ, but then I wonder if it's made without MJ is it still CBD or simply labeled CBD?

In other words, CBD labeled 'snakeoil'.

Anyone?

The marijuana plant is a relative of the hemp plant, but the hemp plant does not have the hallucinogens or whatever the chemicals are that caused you to get high. Some CBD has low traces of THC, and you can get it without it. But CBD is not made from marijuana. It is a hemp plant, the same family is marijuana, but different.

if you want to do a little bit of research, read this:

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Is hemp not just marijuana with low thc content? People acting like it’s a different species.

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    There was a story a few months ago that a county sheriff east of San Antonio was making big trouble for those buying CBD from his county's local vendors. Something about unable to get a timely legality test on the product he catches you with. Not many labs can give legally qualified analysis of the CBD looking for the low legal THC amount. I got the impression that some long jail time was possible while waiting on test results unless you could afford a lawyer. Laws are funny things, some don't align with any common sense.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    There was a story a few months ago that a county sheriff east of San Antonio was making big trouble for those buying CBD from his county's local vendors. Something about unable to get a timely legality test on the product he catches you with. Not many labs can give legally qualified analysis of the CBD looking for the low legal THC amount. I got the impression that some long jail time was possible while waiting on test results unless you could afford a lawyer. Laws are funny things, some don't align with any common sense.

The story I remember was more like a year or more ago. That guy was being a clown.

But like I said, get a product that’s independently tested...Lazarus Naturals tests every batch and provides results in the box.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I don't see signs and stores or hear radio ads for the stuff anymore. Has the fad run it's course?
    I was going to try some since it was touted to cure most everything and sleeping is a challenge for me these days.
    Yes I wanted to try some for sleeping also, price turned me off. Have you tried CVS Nightime Sleep-Aid? I've been using that with good results.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Not for use with people that take anti-arrythimic heart drugs or people taking blood thinners. I did not read that before buying and it was a terrible experience.
    I am glad that it works for those with good results.

Top Bottom