• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    TV news last night had a quote from the county sheriff (Sequin/Guadalupe Co) that said he would be arresting folks with CBD oil in their car like they did recently to a guy who subsequently lost his job and lots of lawyer money.

I'm skeptical that the stuff has any benefits, but defer to HEB and Walgreens who are due to start selling it as do all sorts of shops these days.

I read a long article on its legality, from federal and state laws perspective and could make no sense out of it due to the US Congress having placed (some) of its possible components and their sources from particular parts of the hemp plant, on the drug list. Some states / counties enforcing this federal prohibition.

Who knows what is in it ? Trust the label ?
    Take your lawyer with you to buy it ? Way too risky.

Too confusing for me to ever risk trying it. Probably could lead to loss of LTC (?)
    Texas SOT

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I too was skeptical about CBD oil till my wife demanded I give it a try.

I've got severe back problems and chronic pain.

I used to require a heating pad on my back anytime I was sitting in my recliner. The day I started the CBD oil was the last day I used the heating pad. My mood is better, my pain levels are down, blood pressure is down and my cholesterol is down.

The stuff works for me.

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    Texas bill 1325 passed last year. It specifies that as long as there is less than 0.3% thc that all hemp/cannabis extracts are legal.
    Texas House Bill 1325 (Adjourned Sine Die)

TX State Legislature page for HB1325
    Status
    Completed Legislative Action
    Spectrum: Bipartisan Bill
    Action: 2019-06-10 - Effective immediately"

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Don’t confuse efficacy of the product with the ability of a company to make a profit.

As for whether legal risk is involved, I think that your own personal acceptability of that risk is all that matters; for example, are you willing to risk becoming a prohibited person or losing your your ability to LTC for the reward you get from the substance?

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Found this.....

Guadalupe County Attorney Dave Willborn said .3 percent or less THC is within the legal threshold for hemp and CBD oil, but since there's currently only a way to test for the presence of THC in a substance, not the concentration, Deshotel's charge is pending.

https://amp-ksat-com.cdn.ampproject...-is-facing-a-felony-over-having-legal-cbd-oil

Last I heard, some prosecutors were simply not moving forward on any arrests even for obvious small quantities of MJ because the testing to determine the THC levels was cost prohibited. But it would seem Guadalupe County is trying the opposite approach with charging people while they are waiting on a testing solution from DPS. The article states they have up to 3 years to indict, but they are giving DPS until the end of the year.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    The dopers are making a lot of noise about CBD and MJ in general, but other than pain relief in Glaucoma and lost cause cancer pain nothing else. But for all the money and hoopla they can't and don't actually claim it does anything Just they think it might, or my buddy John the Heroin addict was able to get off horse and into Meth by smoking weed all day. Wow! But if you make a post like this you get roasted by "Normal" sellouts that smoke a joint after little Billy goes to bed. Only thing I see is more dead from car accidents and dopers wandering on the freeway, does not booze already kill enough people? And I know from experience that McDonalds will make more money.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    At the VA the other day where they decided I don't have Glaucoma, just going blind. Came out and told my son I was Glaucoma free and the first thing he says is. Too bad, you don't get to smoke dope. A smattering of laughter in the waiting area.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I too was skeptical about CBD oil till my wife demanded I give it a try.

I've got severe back problems and chronic pain.

I used to require a heating pad on my back anytime I was sitting in my recliner. The day I started the CBD oil was the last day I used the heating pad. My mood is better, my pain levels are down, blood pressure is down and my cholesterol is down.

The stuff works for me.
    Do you use it topically or orally?

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Do you use it topically or orally?
    giphy.gif

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Seems to be safer than Advil.
    Will get you as high as Advil (joke here. Folks don’t get a buzz from Advil)
    It stops mild pain and takes the edge off moderate pain.

I don’t know if it’s really snake oil or an option for folks but many people report it doesn’t hurt and does seem to help. That’s good enough for me.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Top Bottom