• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I'm trying to find a good IWB holster for a Glock 19. I'd like to not spend a whole lot of money. I've got a fobus paddle right now, and it just isn't what I'd like.

What do yall think?
    Gun Zone Deals

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Good move on ditching the Fobus.

What kind of price range are you looking at? You can find some good deals on used holsters if you keep an eye on the classifieds.

txpolecat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    See, you asked for a "GOOD" holster.

Cheap gun leather's a dime a dozen, and worth about the same.

Starker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    The High Ground of Texas
    I have a G19, and I did a lot of reading when trying to find the right holster. Everything I read lead me to go ahead and spend some money to get a good one that was reliable and would last. I got a Tucker Texas Heritage IWB. I should get it in a few weeks. I am really excited!

And he is a fellow Texan!

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Does anyone see any real difference between the Minotaur MTAC Holster and the Minotaur Spartan Holster?

perchjerk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    IMO, its worth spending a little more for a good quality holster. and usually they are a bit more comfortable as well. i recommend the crossbreed supertuck! great CS and great holster!

guardrail

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Richmond, Tx
    got my first holster. couldn't wait to get home to try it on. is it normal to have to use a belt a size bigger? i noticed to that the holster is stiff. will this losen up a bit or at least conform to my shape? this is a leather holster but it felt like steel.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    is it normal to have to use a belt a size bigger? will this losen up a bit or at least conform to my shape?

Yes, even with an OWB holster. Buy a gun belt specifically sized for your application.

And yes, it will loosen up a bit over time and conform to your shape.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I really don't care if it is leather not. I just want it to work.

I was thinking maybe this

[URL="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=120399342686"][URL]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=120399342686[/URL][/URL]

I really didn't want to spend more than 40, but I if I have to spend more, then I will.

I used one of those by Don Hume for my Glock 23. I had no major complaints as it was my first holster ever. looking back i do not like how it did not can't the weapon forward. I remeber constantly jerking it forward when nobody was looking. Looking back on all the cheaper holsters I went through I could have a high dollar one today. I now use a Hoffners hybrid IWB to carry my STI Ranger II and a side Armor for my Glock 27 (thanks TXSUT!). I also finally got a good belt. I went with a Wilderness belt. A good stiff belt makes a huge difference indeed! I did use a Don Hume pancake holster with my 23 that I liked. I just had to wear bigger shirts to keep from printing, but it was very comfortable.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I'm thinking about the Sidearmor. It only has one year warrenty. Is it seem long term durable?

I'm debating between that and the Minatour.

MikeN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Allen (Dallas), TX
    I can recommend Kholster if looking for a IWB holster - Sale right now for $35 Shipped too! Also get another 10% off using rebate code 335524 in the notes field during checkout.

Warrior108

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've owned a CompTac C-Tac for a few years now. It has the slide option (open front) so that it accepts my G26, G23 or G35. The front of G23 just sits evenly with the end of the holster but the G35 does stick out. Retention is awesome. It is pretty comfortable but I carried with it in a colder climate where I could easily wear a tshirt between it and me, plus have a shirt for covering. Without the tshirt there, it rubs and sweats and presses a bit uncomfortably.

Due to the warmer weather here, I will be getting an MTac very soon. I personally have not chosen the lower cost Spartan simply due to comfort and not wanting hardware to be digging into me. I've ruled out other kydex holsters like Raven Concealment and Blade Tech. Although they have great products, these would be along the same comfort lines of the C-Tac.

These guys seemed to have nice leather and at a more affordable price too [url]http://www.bluegrassholsters.com/mason-dixon.html[/URL]

The second runner behind the MTac is a Milt Sparks VMIII [url]http://www.miltsparks.com/VM-2.htm[/URL] but the wait is pretty long and the price is just a bit on the high side for me.

Crossbreed was also in there but I think it is in-line with a Spartan [url]http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/beltslide.html[/URL]

I'd definitely invest in a good holster and belt. A few holsters sitting in a drawer have definitely make me wish I invested more the first time. :banghead:

Beltman has awesome belts - great quality and service. [url]http://www.thebeltman.net/[/URL]

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom