• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    The "paid gun advocates " want more money, more clicks, more likes, more shares.

I've let every office holder know that I'm treating them like a waiter in a restaurant.
    Bring me what I ordered, I'll pay the bill. Stand and deliver, I'll add a tip.
    Act like you're reading my mind? Well, they ain't got that far yet.

Oh I agree and was thinking the same thing. Make it sound like the bill is going to die if you don't send them money to "fight for our causes". Don't get me wrong, there have been some groups that gave a good fight this session, but never let a good crisis go to waste, ehh.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Take from this what you will:
    Pretty trashy source that can’t even attribute quotes correctly. One example is attributing TXGR quotes to a Matt McNutt. TXGR is Chris McNutt’s org and there’s no Matt McNutt involved. Then goes on to say DP crafted the Senate bill, which is entirely wrong as it was a House Bill that was sent to the Senate for consideration and the senate amendments were Schwertner’s.

Between re-tweeting shit and drunkenly posting in accurate and inflammatory shît, I regret even exposing my phone to that site.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    If permitless becomes legal it will be interesting to see what benefits the permit would allow or if the permit system would go away completely. Probably a too early to guess until the gov has something to sign.
    No need to guess, lots of states have done this. You need a permit for reciprocity and it helps to bypass background checks.

I didnt need a permit to carry concealed in AZ as my badge worked but I got one anyways cause I still kept getting denied in the early days of background checks. I kept it even after I quit and AZ went to CC and when I moved here. I'll still get a TX permit someday to bypass background checks here and for carry in Florida cause you have to be a resident of the issuing state for them to recognize the permit.

Riksors

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2019
    Georgetown
    I hope it becomes law. I’m all for constitutional carry. It’s about being a responsible gun owner. Adults in the family teaching their children and neighbors. Like the good old times. It’s good to walk around knowing that everyone is equal.

Felons and criminals will not follow the law. Will not deter them either. Evil exists and they will disseminate turpitude and immoral acts regardless. But if they get caught, that’s 5 years off the streets plus whatever convictions they have.

Being an ltc holder, we are held up to a higher standard. And having an ltc is a benefit which my wife and I will continue to keep.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I hope it becomes law. I’m all for constitutional carry. It’s about being a responsible gun owner. Adults in the family teaching their children and neighbors. Like the good old times. It’s good to walk around knowing that everyone is equal.

Felons and criminals will not follow the law. Will not deter them either. Evil exists and they will disseminate turpitude and immoral acts regardless. But if they get caught, that’s 5 years off the streets plus whatever convictions they have.

Being an ltc holder, we are held up to a higher standard. And having an ltc is a benefit which my wife and I will continue to keep.
    In my mind one can still follow the "law" - the higher law of the land, the Texas Constitution, and still find themselves at odds with the Texas Penal Code. Then one "gets" to sort it out in court...

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Ok, know all about CHL, with the new stuff going through now, is that just for open carry and would still need CHL to conceal?

HB1927 allows anyone who is not a prohibited person at the state or federal level to carry a handgun openly or concealed anywhere one can with an LTC. It doesn’t do anything to the existing LTC system, that still stays in place.

Top Bottom