• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I may have heard rumors of people who use that same legal justification to carry right past the 30.06 and .07 signs at their apartment complex ;)
    Apartment complexes are private property, not publicly owned, leased by a private entity. My understanding is they are 100% enforceable there. What isn't clear to me is being able to have them inside the apartment. Luckily I live in my house so it isn't a concern.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    ARJ Defense ad

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Question: Are there any buildings at The State Fair that do NOT allow CC??
    (I haven't been to Fair Park in at least a decade.)

yours, satx

I believe there are a couple of 51% places on the grounds as well as the stadium during Texas OU weekend when the game is going on.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Apartment complexes are private property, not publicly owned, leased by a private entity. My understanding is they are 100% enforceable there. What isn't clear to me is being able to have them inside the apartment. Luckily I live in my house so it isn't a concern.

Your LTC makes Penal Code 46.02, Unlawful Carrying Weapons, not apply to you. 46.02 already does not apply to you when you are on your own premises or premises under your control, and to and from a motor vehicle you own or that is under your control. Therefore, 30.06 and 30.07, which only affect carry under a LTC, are not applicable in your apartment or to and from your vehicle.

Make sense?

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    A.Texas.Yankee,

Actually, we need to get the Texas AG to notice all cities & similar entities (like ISDs, park "authorities" & "special districts") that they may NOT forbid LTC persons carrying on their premises.

yours, satx

They already know the law, that forbidding license holders from carrying on public property is not enforceable. There is already a law to fine them for posting the signs if they forbid CC. The problem is that the OAG is way too slow at getting rulings back and taking them to court. And oath-breaking Police Departments who are willing to enforce unlawful ordinances that the city or private company on public property try to enact.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Your LTC makes Penal Code 46.02, Unlawful Carrying Weapons, not apply to you. 46.02 already does not apply to you when you are on your own premises or premises under your control, and to and from a motor vehicle you own or that is under your control. Therefore, 30.06 and 30.07, which only affect carry under a LTC, are not applicable in your apartment or to and from your vehicle.

Make sense?
    Yes, actually. I have seen apt leases that say tenants may not have firearms. Is that not enforceable, then?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Private contract and you are agreeing to thier terms of lease?
    If there is a law that excludes those terms of lease, please correct me. Not that I agree with it. If someone wants to keep guns in an appartment anyway, there is not much they could do if they don't know about them.
    They can't go in looking for them and if they found out, not much they could do other than an eviction notice for violating the terms of the lease.
    sent from an idgit coffeeholic

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Not criminally. I guess they could evict you if you violate the terms of your lease, that you agreed to when you signed it.

Private contract and you are agreeing to thier terms of lease?
    If there is a law that excludes those terms of lease, please correct me. Not that I agree with it. If someone wants to keep guns in an appartment anyway, there is not much they could do if they don't know about them.
    They can't go in looking for them and if they found out, not much they could do other than an eviction notice for violating the terms of the lease.
    sent from an idgit coffeeholic
    Makes total sense. Criminal vs civil didn't even cross my mind.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    F350-6,

ME TOO.
    (I suspect that Charley Strong is DONE if The Horns don't win the Texas-OU game.)

yours, satx

Top Bottom