• ...and so much more!
  • Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    vmax, You forgot Carl's Corner. Which was what I thought of first, until I saw who started it. Still took a minute though.

Thanks for the info. txi. I think I heard something similar from either the DPD, Dallas, or the WPD, Waco. Not sure whether it was radio or tv news but, I know I heard it somewhere.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Said he wouldn't stop an open carrier. But the OP said because if lack of probable cause (PC) or reasonable suspicion (RS).

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    No the OP said that CCPD policy would require additional RS or PC to stop and ID for OC. Regardless of the legal status of stopping and IDing someone who is OCing depts can and will have their own policies.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    vmax, You forgot Carl's Corner. Which was what I thought of first, until I saw who started it. Still took a minute though.

Thanks for the info. txi. I think I heard something similar from either the DPD, Dallas, or the WPD, Waco. Not sure whether it was radio or tv news but, I know I heard it somewhere.

No it's there

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    It is not due to lack of PC or RS. That's factually incorrect.

You need to re-read what I wrote. Jesus Christ, here, I'll help you
    ......policy regarding OC. Officers WILL NOT be making contact and asking for licenses for a person simply because of OC. They need an additional RS or PC to make contact

No one said open carry was not lawfully PC for a stop. It is THEIR policy that they need ADDITIONAL RS or PC for a stop.

I can use crayons if that'll help you. ;)

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Thanks for the info, TXI.
    It's really too bad that a simple, non-complicated statement just MUST be challenged and torn down to the "atomic" level in every thread. I really don't understand it. And it's not just this forum. I'm waiting for the thread about stop signs. A stop sign (plain English, fairly large block letters, contrasting colors) can be erected in a city and some ignorant asshole on a forum will fight to the death that the sign doesn't mean you have to stop your vehicle. :green:

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    Thanks for the info, TXI.
    It's really too bad that a simple, non-complicated statement just MUST be challenged and torn down to the "atomic" level in every thread. I really don't understand it. And it's not just this forum. I'm waiting for the thread about stop signs. A stop sign (plain English, fairly large block letters, contrasting colors) can be erected in a city and some ignorant asshole on a forum will fight to the death that the sign doesn't mean you have to stop your vehicle. :green:

You mean a yield sign.:tree::target::christmas:

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

No one said open carry was not lawfully PC for a stop. It is THEIR policy that they need ADDITIONAL RS or PC for a stop.

bbwwaahahahahahahahahahaahahaa

Texascarry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2015

Lol... ok. You do that.

Thirtymike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    North Central TX
    I have a couple more issues I would like to discuss regarding stop signs. It would also be useful to count the number of syllables in the OP and talk about that for awhile. Make sure you have the sarcasm font installed before responding.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    We are fortunate to have both he and his family as members of our South Texas community.......

Now, answer my pm...bucko....lol...

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Carl's Corner has their own PD??

Don't know. Was the first thing I thought of when I saw "CCPD" though. Probably covered by HPD, Hillsboro. Not Houston or Hutto or Hurst, etc., etc., and so on and so forth.:)

Top Bottom